M11 22 Kit Prices

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I have no plans to sell my last M-11A1/22. It's why I bought my M11/9.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT: Buy more mags for your M11/22 before they get banned. No certainty that they will but if they do ban more you will be crying that mags cost $500 on GB.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT: Buy more mags for your M11/22 before they get banned. No certainty that they will but if they do ban more you will be crying that mags cost $500 on GB.

%100 my feelings skoda.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member

The ban ain’t stoping anything.
3d printing is the cure.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
A 3D printed mag is not going to be a good mag, specially for an MG rate of fire. It may function for a semi-auto but not so well for a full auto. It is a good 'threat' against a ban because most libtards won't have any idea of what it takes for smooth feeding but that won't necessarily stop them from passing a ban. Time will tell, I just wanted to remind those that come here to think about getting some more just in case a ban is passed. I recall the 1994-2004 AWB and what that did to magazine prices - people were hurting for a 30 round mag for their Ruger 10/22.

Chisel

A 3D printed mag is not going to be a good mag, specially for an MG rate of fire. It may function for a semi-auto but not so well for a full auto. It is a good 'threat' against a ban because most libtards won't have any idea of what it takes for smooth feeding but that won't necessarily stop them from passing a ban. Time will tell, I just wanted to remind those that come here to think about getting some more just in case a ban is passed. I recall the 1994-2004 AWB and what that did to magazine prices - people were hurting for a 30 round mag for their Ruger 10/22.

I’m buying mags for guns I don’t know yet. If they try to ban mags then they will shoot up in price

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member

I don’t have experience printing mags for MG’s, for now at least. However, there’s numerous videos of 3D mags running in full auto guns. This is an OLD video (7 years ago) and the filaments and machines have gotten better since then.
http://youtu.be/W1U5rEAUD4E

Since I got my Prusa, it’s ran damn near non stop. I’ve printed receivers, mags, stocks, grips and other misc parts. They’ve all worked and I mean worked really good. If someone 3D scanned the black dog m11 magazine, tested it with different filaments and did any tweaks if needed, I’m fairly certain it would work great.
If it only last 10 mag dumps, oh well hit

CTRL + P and print four more.

I’m new to this printing game but it’s the best investment I’ve made. I’ve still got a lot to learn but damn it’s easy. Making the files has a big learning curve for me at least. I’ve made some mods to files and they’ve turned out great. I’m attempting to design something for an M11 but it’s been a nightmare, like I said I’ve got a lot to learn and never messed with cad before.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
And this is what the author of the youtube that you linked wrote about 3D mags: An extrusion-based printer (FDM) has two issues I can see. One is strength of materials. Feed lips will be a challenge. The second is surface roughness. The internal surfaces must be pretty smooth for the follower to function properly. SLA is barely good enough without further prep work.

Sure they can work but they will never be as good as injection molded mags as in the Lage M11/22 and certainly not as good as stamped steel like the Shockwave Z mags.

Doobis

And this is what the author of the youtube that you linked wrote about 3D mags: An extrusion-based printer (FDM) has two issues I can see. One is strength of materials. Feed lips will be a challenge. The second is surface roughness. The internal surfaces must be pretty smooth for the follower to function properly. SLA is barely good enough without further prep work.

You can smooth 3d prints with the fumes of acetone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xFUNFG-UKE

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that the plan for gun control is to make every semiautomatic firearm and magazine with a capacity of 10 rounds a NFA item. As a NFA item, the penalty would be the same as that of an unregistered machinegun, the penalty would be 10 years in Federal prison. Print/make all that you want, you best register them. Personally I like having piles of magazines. When I go shooting I don't really want to waste range time loading mags. At $200 each I'll need to sell some of my guns to afford the taxes for the mags. Could be crazy times ahead.

Scott

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Just register 1 mag and give all your mags the same serial number.

Of course it depends upon where you are shooting and how you get there, but that would only work if you only have one magazine with you. I have 13 different magazines for something that I would shoot from my shoulder and nine different handgun magazines. I will need to be a SOT just to afford the magazines I already own.

Scott

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm not sure there is any way to 'register' the existing millions of non-serialized >10 rd magazines in private hands. In 1994 there date stamps required - or at least some (all?) manufacturers were doing so to designate legal new 'LEO' mags.But that was a 'going forward' action, not retroactive.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see what the new Emperor decrees with his pen and paper.

stevo

He won’t be able to do anything through an executive order except stop the importation....any change with mags and capacity will have to go through Congress and Senate.

Kimber1911

Silly question, but what is the consensus as to how many M-11/22 magazines you need?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
He won’t be able to do anything through an executive order except stop the importation....any change with mags and capacity will have to go through Congress and Senate.

That’s a hinderance?

Schmuck already said they plan to remove the filibuster in the senate. They own both houses and the WH. They’ve learned since O6ama to ram everything horrible and don’t waste a minute.

Kimber1911

Haven’t even shot my M-11/Nine yet.
Was lucky enough to get a M-11/22 adapter from the last batch.
Purchased 5 additional magazines, and now added 5 more so that gives me 11 magazines.
For those that have been shooting their M-11/Nine, do you think 11 should be sufficient?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter