Registration points on m10 upper receiver

124NATO

Working on a project and I'm a bit stumped.

On the closed bolt M10 what are the registration points on the bottom of the receiver, I'm trying to figure out what keeps the back of the upper from tilting down once assembled, or what points keep positive pressure to pinch the receiver against inside shelf if the receiver.

Bottom of receiver
1. Front take down pin
2.?
3.?

Top of receiver
1. Underside of bent receiver

Thank you any insight is very helpful

Last edited:

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I don't have a semi, but the tabs that are holding the feed ramp, I believe that those tabs hold the center of the upper up. The back of the lower receiver holds the back of the upper down.

Scott

StenAtopia

If your referring to what does the rear of a m10/m11 upper rests on it’s this. #27. Full auto guns use the rear stock block. The semis use #27.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that the semi auto pistols doesn't have a stock block installed as there are no holes in the back of the receiver for a stock. If so then there must be a 16" barrel. I suppose the block could be welded in without the holes in the back of the receiver to locate the upper.

Scott

ETA the recoil spring and the ejector are located in pockets in the back plate of the lower receiver.

124NATO

If your referring to what does the rear of a m10/m11 upper rests on it’s this. #27. Full auto guns use the rear stock block. The semis use #27.

Hey StenAtopia

Yep this is my current thinking, I'm struggling a bit with the height inconstancy of part #27 in a semi as there dimensionally all over the place.
Maybe there supposed to be bent to adjust the tension fitment to the receiver.

Thanks again

StenAtopia

Hey StenAtopia

Yep this is my current thinking, I'm struggling a bit with the height inconstancy of part #27 in a semi as there dimensionally all over the place.
Maybe there supposed to be bent to adjust the tension fitment to the receiver.

Thanks again
Watch this. You will see him put that piece in. Yes you can adjust it for the height. But there’s no need to imho.

124NATO

Watch this. You will see him put that piece in. Yes you can adjust it for the height. But there’s no need to imho.

Yep I see it.

Cool ok well there's about .06" of gap between the top of the upper receiver and the underside of the main frame.

So from what I can tell it's either bend the frame down to fit the upper or adjust the spring retainer or a little of each

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter