Reising feed issues

lhebert@gvtc.com

Hello all
Have a M50 that just was released from "ATF jail" and original Resing mags 20 rd and 12 rd. 2 Christie 30 rd mags. Have changed out the firing pin with a stainless steel replacement.

Weapon will shoot full auto 8-9 rounds and then the bolt freezes closed with a live unfired round in the chamber. Cannot move the charging handle back to clear the failure to fire. It is jammed shut. Have to remove the stock and spring tension on the hammer and then remove the live round.

Weapon is clean and freshly oiled.

Suggestions on fixes to this very annoying problem?

Thanks!

ATCDoktor

Is the hammer down on the firing pin when this malfunction occurs?

To clarify, when your 8 or 9 round burst is complete and the weapon has “jammed” and the bolt frozen in place is the hammer down on the firing pin or is it still being held in the cocked position by the sear?

Once you get the weapon apart and clear the round in the chamber does it fall out of the chamber easily or is it stuck in there and need to be removed by force?

lhebert@gvtc.com

Hello
I think the firing pin is being held in place since the stuck round is still live
And the round just falls out when I pull the charging handle back

And in the partially disassembled state seems to pull back easier
But that may be having a good grip vs 2 fingers trying to charge it

lhebert@gvtc.com

Read here one time the original pins broke and someone suggested a stainless steel one from keystone

lhebert@gvtc.com

no but if you think that will help i can try that.

I also did a wolf spring upgrade on the retracting spring, hammer spring, firing pin spring

ATCDoktor

I would reverse all the upgrades you made to springs and the firing pin and try shooting it like that.

If there's still a problem, I would change one thing at a time till the issue is resolved.

Changing parts for the sake of changing parts on a SMG that was practically hand fitted to work from the factory is a recipe for eternally chasing your tail reference problems like this.

Tommyboy

I would reverse all the upgrades you made to springs and the firing pin and try shooting it like that.

If there's still a problem, I would change one thing at a time till the issue is resolved.

Changing parts for the sake of changing parts on a SMG that was practically hand fitted to work from the factory is a recipe for eternally chasing your tail reference problems like this.
Agree 100%

lhebert@gvtc.com

Thanks to all. If you had to wager a guess what do yall think the root cause would be for this failure?

ATCDoktor

Thanks to all. If you had to wager a guess what do yall think the root cause would be for this failure?
When it comes to the Reising and issues of reliability, it's anybody's guess.

I have a cowowrker who got me into machineguns many years ago and watching him try and diagnose the problems with his Reising turned me off to the platform for good (and this was back when they were selling for $1000 apiece).

He spent a lot of time in the Reising section over on machinegunboards.com where there are quite a few threads that speak to issues similar to yours and most all of them were sorted out differently as there was no single fix.

As for my coworkers Reising issues, he and I tinkered with that thing for over a year trying all the fixies recommended over on the machinegunboards website, and we never got it run right.

He got frustrated, stuck it the safe for a few years and finally sent it off to Black River Militaria to have it looked at, they sent it back after being repaired (I have no idea what they did to it) and he says it runs "ok" now.

lhebert@gvtc.com

Hello All
Eugene Reising must be smiling down upon me..........after another through cleaning, I was able to get back to the range today and left all of the new springs and firing pin intact. It ran like a top, nary an issue! So i did notice the original springs were slightly shorter than the new wolf springs I installed.......If they were original, the weapon was manufactured in 1941 so i am considering myself fortunate. Cant wait for the next range day!!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter