RPB Industries and Military Armament Corp M10 and M11 Suppressors.

majinebz

Thompson Machine did the same with my old two stage suppressor. They kept the original end cap to keep the exterior original. Very pleased with their work.
Did they remove your eyelets from the 1st stage? They did on mine and I kinda wish they didnt.

Something I read on here (I believe) about during testing sionics found that copper mesh was the most effective in the first stage, but was not economically viable? Maybe it was the mac book where I read that. Thought about buying stainless or copper mesh and testing it.

I tried to get them to recore a can in like 2013 and they no longer provided the service anymore. Glad I got that knock off can done!!!

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
Did they remove your eyelets from the 1st stage? They did on mine and I kinda wish they didnt.

Something I read on here (I believe) about during testing sionics found that copper mesh was the most effective in the first stage, but was not economically viable? Maybe it was the mac book where I read that. Thought about buying stainless or copper mesh and testing it.

I tried to get them to recore a can in like 2013 and they no longer provided the service anymore. Glad I got that knock off can done!!!
You can buy eyelets in bulk off the 'bay or the 'zon pretty cheap and pack them in the 1st stage yourself if you want. I tried them and they worked pretty well. Eventually, only because of convenience, I went to stainless steel mesh because it lasted a LOT longer than the copper mesh and I could just replace it instead of cleaning it like the eyelets. Yeah, I could have cleaned or just replaced the eyelets as well but the time it takes to do all that was time I could be doing other more productive things. Plus I can buy the stainless mesh at the grocery store, so that was also convenient.

104timberwolf

UZI Talk Supporter

Yes, the eyelets were removed. The suppressor no longer rattled and couldn’t tell that their absence made much of a difference. I did recently buy a couple bags off of Amazon to fool with but I cannot get the first and second stages separated.

104timberwolf

UZI Talk Supporter
You can buy eyelets in bulk off the 'bay or the 'zon pretty cheap and pack them in the 1st stage yourself if you want. I tried them and they worked pretty well. Eventually, only because of convenience, I went to stainless steel mesh because it lasted a LOT longer than the copper mesh and I could just replace it instead of cleaning it like the eyelets. Yeah, I could have cleaned or just replaced the eyelets as well but the time it takes to do all that was time I could be doing other more productive things. Plus I can buy the stainless mesh at the grocery store, so that was also convenient.
How did you get the two stages apart? I fooled with it a little but didn’t want to force it too much.

majinebz

Thank you very much for that info. I knew someone on here knew about the mesh improvement. Much appreciated.

majinebz

How did you get the two stages apart? I fooled with it a little but didn’t want to force it too much.
Try using pipe tape on your barreled upper to suppressor. Crank that sucker tight. Use it as a holder can put the lug part in a vise. Then use a rubber strap and try to loosen the front portion where the small diameter attaches. Hold stage 1 in hand also. Might get it to seperate there. I could never get the back section off.

timkel

The first stage is tough to get apart(thread locker?) I milled two flats to facilitate disassembly. Clamp the base vertically in a vice. Then wrap a piece of innertube and use a strap wrench to open 1st stage.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
When I took mine apart the 1st & 2nd stage started coming apart before the tool in the 2nd stage broke the inner spiral core apart.

I did not take them apart since I have read how hard it is to get all the grommets back in mine doesn't rattle and that's good.
Getting it back together missing a few grommets is a sure way to get rattle.

We chucked mine up in a lathe locked the spindle and supported the other end with the tail stock and live center then used heat to break it apart along with a strap wrench.

Was the 3rd try for disassembly and the 1st success.
Can was NOS

Was so clean inside the only benefit to tearing it down is now it comes apart real easy for a quick wipe/clean.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
The first stage is tough to get apart(thread locker?) I milled two flats to facilitate disassembly. Clamp the base vertically in a vice. Then wrap a piece of innertube and use a strap wrench to open 1st stage.
Wayne Daniel realized this back in 1982 when he designed the 9MM “high efficiency” MAC suppressor. He basically took the original 2 stage sionics MAC design and “improved” it a bit (subjective), made it all one diameter, added wrench flats in the same spot that you did and added a small hole at the other end of the first stage for use of a spanner wrench to disassemble the first stage. He also added an extra wipe (one in between the first and second stage) and did away with the spirals in favor of cup baffles. Marketed the can for the M11/9, but it works fine with an M10 or any other 9mm gun of course.

boomer535

Wayne Daniel realized this back in 1982 when he designed the 9MM “high efficiency” MAC suppressor. He basically took the original 2 stage sionics MAC design and “improved” it a bit (subjective), made it all one diameter, added wrench flats in the same spot that you did and added a small hole at the other end of the first stage for use of a spanner wrench to disassemble the first stage. He also added an extra wipe (one in between the first and second stage) and did away with the spirals in favor of cup baffles. Marketed the can for the M11/9, but it works fine with an M10 or any other 9mm gun of course.
I bought one of the HE suppressors for my M11/9 from SWD in 1990 for $140. I got one of the MAC type Suppressor's from SWD for my PS M10/45 in 1989 for $125.

SHOOT4FUN10

I looked at an RPB can last week and it had the 7/8"x9 threads, however below the RPB industries, Atlanta, Ga it was also stamped 9mm? I thought the threads on the 9mm MAC were 3/4"x10?

Jefferson1826

That’s a nice collection of original cans. I’m in the market for a 45 ACP can for my M10. The only time I find one is when it’s attached to a gun someone is trying to sell. Are the 45 cans any more or less rare than 9mm or 380? Even if I found one that was beat up and/or didn’t suppress well I’d be happy with the correct aesthetic.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
That’s a nice collection of original cans. I’m in the market for a 45 ACP can for my M10. The only time I find one is when it’s attached to a gun someone is trying to sell. Are the 45 cans any more or less rare than 9mm or 380? Even if I found one that was beat up and/or didn’t suppress well I’d be happy with the correct aesthetic.
Powder springs M11 cans should be the rarest of the bunch.
Powder springs guns and can’s are the nicest of all of the manufacturers, in my opinion.
The later non two stage cans just don’t have the right look (IMO).

asebullshark2

If anyone has knowledge of where I can acquire 1 possible 2 suppressors for my Mac 10/45s (will consider any available: sionics, M.A.C./RPB/SWD). I am hunting for cans in good to great condition (NIB if not outrageously expensive). Reasonable prices appreciated of course. Please get back to me.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
If anyone has knowledge of where I can acquire 1 possible 2 suppressors for my Mac 10/45s (will consider any available: sionics, M.A.C./RPB/SWD). I am hunting for cans in good to great condition (NIB if not outrageously expensive). Reasonable prices appreciated of course. Please get back to me.
Text me

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I looked at an RPB can last week and it had the 7/8"x9 threads, however below the RPB industries, Atlanta, Ga it was also stamped 9mm? I thought the threads on the 9mm MAC were 3/4"x10?
Someone probably swapped the internals for .45 guts at some point. Back in the day they sold suppressor parts sets for these, no FFL required, no tubes included just the internals. All of the MAC 2 stage suppressors use the same tubes, just different internals. You can just remove the 9mm internals and install .45 internals in the same tubes. This is more than likely.

forindooruseonly

I had my original PS 10/45's internals redone, replacing the eyelets with steel mesh and updating the baffles. Still looks original, but it's not. I never dreamed that it would be a collectors item and I got the suppressor with the gun, neoprene covers and all. Now I kinda wish I hadn't messed with it, seeing as the price has gone as high as it has. Who knew then, though?

On the other hand, I shoot it a lot and the suppressor sounds good and I'm not replacing wipes anymore. I did buy a nomex cover from a member here rather than the neoprene, as those were getting tore up.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I had my original PS 10/45's internals redone, replacing the eyelets with steel mesh and updating the baffles. Still looks original, but it's not. I never dreamed that it would be a collectors item and I got the suppressor with the gun, neoprene covers and all. Now I kinda wish I hadn't messed with it, seeing as the price has gone as high as it has. Who knew then, though?

On the other hand, I shoot it a lot and the suppressor sounds good and I'm not replacing wipes anymore. I did buy a nomex cover from a member here rather than the neoprene, as those were getting tore up.
Honestly, the replaced internals aren’t THAT big of a deal, there is a 07/02 in GA that has all the original parts and he could rebuild that can for you. Nobody is gonna get hung up about the guts when it comes time to sell the can.

I have seen so many of these old SIONICS type suppressors sell on gunbroker, never once have I seen any of the sellers posting photos of them disassembled. Half of those cans probably have been rebuilt with cup baffles at some point in the 80s when they were all the rage. I doubt any of the winners demanded a refund when they discovered the different internals (if they ever even figured out how to open up the can and remove the encapsulator)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter