Sneak Peak New Accessory Project

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Yep! Y'all ever need anything printed like this just hit me up with a .stl and I got you.

Gonna need a brown rig with a pouch for each Mac type!

Last edited:

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow you paid to have a stamp made?

I mean I know you can but I have always made my engraver plates by hand.

Just the reverse of a stamp.

Ya you can 3d print them from a 2d image using a program called Blender to lift it into 3d and save as a .stl file for printing.

Possibly even a cad program or Zbrush also not sure.
I'm only familiar with blender.
Of course I paid to have my stamps made… just like the other 95% of the population does when they need a custom leather stamp 😅

The average person does not have the knowledge or wherewithal to fabricate themselves an intricately designed brass leather stamp… and I am clueless about 3d printing so I cannot make a plastic one either.

If I could fabricate something like this, I probably would be running a custom engraving business instead of selling homemade holsters on gunbroker.

This is not the stamp I was referring to though, I have a stamp on the way with my own makers mark on it that I plan on marking the rear of the holsters with for 2 reasons. A. as not to appear as if I am trying to sell a counterfeit or bootleg of something original or vintage, or confuse anyone into thinking that it IS something original or vintage in 50 years once I’m dead and gone and B. Because I would like the credit for my idea and my work and enjoy leaving my mark on the history of these guns. Maybe one of my accessories will be in the next “antique Ingram machine guns” book that comes out in a few decades ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_0524.jpeg

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Yep! Y'all ever need anything printed like this just hit me up with a .stl and I got you.

Gonna need a brown rig with a pouch for each Mac type!
I wish I knew this before I blew like 300 bucks on custom leather stamps over the last couple years 😭😭😭

I will probably be messaging you, I need to learn how to convert an .svg or .png into an .stl file so I can have you print me a couple more leather stamps. I will have to google it and see if there is an application I can download or a website that converts it.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
This is one I made for my engraver.

And here is one I made for stamping.

Pretty sure they are the only two custom ones I have right now that I made.

I have sold most of them that I made over the years.
They are not hard to carve out by hand like the brass cobray logo on my engraver.
The eagle is harder due to using a machine to cut it out with the depth and reverse letters.

3d printing and blender is the new norm now the old world carve by hand is becoming a lost art.
It's one reason custom hand engraved guns cost so much.
Probably lesx the 1000 people can do a gun engraving by hand world wide today.

Last edited:

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
This is one I made for my engraver.

And here is one I made for stamping.

Pretty sure they are the only two custom ones I have right now that I made.

I have sold most of them that I made over the years.
They are not hard to carve out by hand like the brass cobray logo on my engraver.
The eagle is harder due to using a machine to cut it out with the depth and reverse letters.

3d printing and blender is the new norm now the old world carve by hand is becoming a lost art.
It's one reason custom hand engraved guns cost so much.
Probably lesx the 1000 people can do a gun engraving by hand world wide today.
Nice looking work. That is absolutely an art and not something I have ever had much luck with (engraving). I can draw pretty good, but I don’t know what the hell im doing with an engraving tool, so it doesn’t really seem to translate over very well. I don’t mind spending a few bucks to have a perfect laser cut or 3d printed stamp made, the designs really look incredibly good, and I can come up with whatever I want in Adobe and send it right over and have it made into a precision cut stamp of any size I choose, vs putting a lot of time and effort into a hand engraved piece that would take me some time to accomplish and likely not look anywhere near as good as a $70 laser cut brass leather stamp. If i was doing it for the hobby and the joy of engraving that’s one thing… but for this purpose I just want the best looking stamp as quickly as I can get it.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
My logo stamp finally showed up, got the holster marked and ready to be listed on gunbroker tomorrow night. If the holster does ok and hits the reserve, I’ve got templates made up to make plenty more of them. Just don’t wanna invest in materials if nobody actually wants to purchase one. The gunbroker auction will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I make any more of these.

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter