Supressor + barrel length?

ammoburner

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a long time. I have a semi gun w/ 16" barrel. I want a suppressor, but don't like the ridiculous length I would end up with. Is it possible to use a semi 10.25" barrel and pin/ weld a 6" suppressor to it, in order to meet the 16" minimum barrel length? Or would the feds not consider it a1 piece item?

Gaffshot

SBR the gun. Get a 11.5" upper. Put on a Huxworx Flow 556K. That's what I would do.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
SBR the gun. Get a 11.5" upper. Put on a Huxworx Flow 556K. That's what I would do.
That is my preferred choice as well assuming we are talking about an AR..... but I don't see what kind of gun the OP is talking about. Maybe it is a 10/22 and he wants to run 100% suppressed?

Member13

If you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on a can why would you want it to work with only 1 gun?

what gun are you talking about?

r

the Tom Denall Ruger 44mag Silent Destroyer has the factory barrel cut to 9". The inner tuber is then permanently affixed to the 9" original barrel and holds the baffle and spacer stack with slots in front of baffles for gas to enter the coaxial space. An escentric outer tube with a large coaxial space (about 49-50 cubic inches) covers it all. ATF approved Tom's design as being considered permanently affixed so there is only one stamp (for the suppressor). You can send in a form 1 showing how you will attach/extend and see if they approve. Or discuss with Technology branch what they consider to be permanent before submitting.

Gaffshot

My suggestion for doing the SBR route stays the same but maybe you don't want the Huxworx 556 can now. I can't imagine there would be many, if any, people who own an uzi that would would recommend doing the way you are thinking about. I don't see any positives to it.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter