Tabs for converting sten mags for the max 31s

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Did anyone ever make another run of these, and/or does anybody still have some of these? I’m looking for some of them.

collector98

I'm not aware of anyone making them, but you can use this template to make your own. I just used some mild steel and did a rough cut with a jigsaw and then used an angle grinder to get the correct thickness and profile. No complicated tools are necessary. I did it to two mags and they work flawlessly. 1000006015.jpg

Deerhurst

Every now and then I make some and send them out. I make them on my milling machine. Takes me some extra time as I have to use somebody else's band saw since I can't seem to find a decent one.

I know, I know, mill, lathe, etc but no band saw. Disgrace.

I'll have to take a look and see if I have any more in the drawer I put my overruns.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Every now and then I make some and send them out. I make them on my milling machine. Takes me some extra time as I have to use somebody else's band saw since I can't seem to find a decent one.

I know, I know, mill, lathe, etc but no band saw. Disgrace.

I'll have to take a look and see if I have any more in the drawer I put my overruns.
Thanks Man!

Deerhurst

Unfortunately the Suomi tab drawer is empty. I'll see what I have for material laying around.

Deerhurst

Man, you are going to make me order up some bar stock!

Let me get a motorcycle project done for a buddy and look at getting some bar stock.

It's a busy time right now. Getting close to my wedding.

Deerhurst

We are about a month out. Between her surgery and planning the wedding last minute things is hectic! My laser is getting a workout between making an the invitations, making things for my sister for her birthday just before the wedding and some decor for the wedding.

Gotta make some unobtanium nuts for a buddy who is restoring a vintage motorcycle.

I found a small piece that I blanked out a while back but it looks to be only good for maybe 6-8 tabs.

Deerhurst

Can we see these laser invitations?
Sure. I'll have to find some photos. Remove some details like location and names.

Where should I post them?

The invites are laser cut with a monogram backed by heavyweight paper for color behind the cut with anodized aluminum cards with the details engraved into them.

I have used those same cards for "business" cards for myself.

The RSVPs were not as fancy. Her brother and sister in law did those. They turned out nice though.

I just finished a batch of 60 stone coasters with our names and monogram burned onto them. Less than a buck a pop! Score! we thought those might be a fun touch for the table settings and something people can take with them if they want to.

Making my sister a batch of 8 for her birthday with Western theme. Since I'm mentally 7, one of the 8 will be a surprise cat butt.

Here at work I'm playing with making colored markings in steel for marking parts and conversion pieces for assembly line equipment. The company color is a royal blue similar to the UziTalk blue so I'm marking the steel parts in that color. Apparently it works even on chromed parts. Anything aluminum is anodized so I just burn the ano off. Thankfully I work someplace where we take that time and care for things that nobody but us will appreciate.

And still waiting on a 14mm hex 5C collet for the Hardinge. Kinda looking forward to making those nuts.

Deerhurst

Just post on this thread?

I'll hopefully have some time this weekend to find some photos.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Maybe a new thread in general? Idk I guess do that and link here if that's ok op.

Deerhurst

Sorry guys, still have not gotten to this. More twists to life. Spent 3.5 days in the hospital with the fiancee for what was supposed to be an in and out surgery. She is starting to heal which is good. Still painful.

This is still on the radar. It will happen, I cannot guarantee a completion date.

GunsCarsPlanes

3.5 days in the hospital with the fiancee for what was supposed to be an in and out surgery

Oh jeeze dude, I haven't been on this forum in a month but whoa what the heck. I remember talking to you about the wedding.

Whatever is going on I hope you guys work through it and in the end it's nothing more than an experience both of you shared around the time of your wedding that you can talk about with your grandkids!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter