Trigger pull update

fnfncfan

I've been posting in the bolt thread-got in on the pre-order, thank you Navgunner!
I realized that I had not updated on my trigger pull thread and since it's from 2021 it's old/locked.
So I've put hundreds of rounds thru it and no problems with igniting primers or trigger reset, works perfectly. Below is from my last post on how to lighten trigger pull. I'm very happy with the results.

I'm sorry it took so long to get to this, but here's the final results. As above with the hammer spring only, springs 555 and 557 removed, it was only a 5.5 lb pull.

I started on spring 557. I bought 0.047 music wire from a hobby store. Wound it as close as I could to the original size with 5 windings on it. Cut the ends to match and matched the bends. It ended up 0.18 inside diameter. Major difference, however without changing spring 555 the trigger would not fully reset. 555 is a pretty standard shape and in my box of xtras I found one that worked perfect-little smaller inside diameter and lighter tension. It was OAL 0.53, wire diameter 0.025, inside diam. 0.132 and outside diam. 0.185. Not real important other than it fits and it's light enough tension to let the spring 557 fully reset the trigger. It was trial and error with a few springs before I got it.
With the changes to springs 557 and 555 and the original hammer spring it comes in at 6.5 lbs trigger pull-huge difference!

I then went to a spring manufacturer and bought a spring that was 10% lighter. It's not the wound wire of the original-looks to be same other than 2 windings shorter. With that in it's a perfect 5 1/4 lb. trigger. Now I just need to put some rounds thru it with the lighter hammer spring to make sure it hits all the primers hard enough, but with only minus 10% I don't anticipate any problems.

The hardest part was having to try numerous diam. music wire and different number of windings with each.
Well worth it!!!!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter