Uzi parts kits

pmf

$549!

Are these kits not available anymore?

Chisel

$549!

They are pretty much dried up overseas. You can find some a little cheaper but RTG’s kits are very nice and demilled carefully.

pmf

They are pretty much dried up overseas. You can find some a little cheaper but RTG’s kits are very nice and demilled carefully.

All his stuff is good quality -- didn't mean to ding him. Bought a 50 pack 'rusted' of uzi mags from him a few years ago. Only 3 of them had any rust on it. I figure he charges what he thinks the market will bear.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Look at what AK kits are going for without the barrel, inflation has hit the gun community full force.

Kramer

Israel destroyed all their UZIs

Yep, we discussed that earlier this year about Israel having no more Uzis to cut up, but some must not have gotten the memo. I'm not busting on you Dustin.

The good old days are gone, so buy while you can. I have at least four of RTGs kits and they are real nice. I bought a couple of his 50 pack of mags and was very happy.

NewHobby

Why do that

Why but a parts kit to make a Semi Uzi as 99.9 pct of us must do?
You can get complete DES Grip Sticks very inexpensively, Extractor and pins are out there, as are top covers, and Recoil springs. Then if you need to weld your own receiver, cut sections are also online.
The parts kits I purhased last year were nice but even when $285 not a super bargain to get to a completed Semi.
New to this but I found all the major and some smaller places to find parts.

slimshady

The semi bolt is a major expense, one can convert the FA one to semi if they have the tools. That right there, if you figure your labor is free, covers the cost of a complete kit up until the current imports. Some folks convert them for you and require a trade-in or at least pay you for trading one in so they can make more. Back when I bought mine an expensive UZI kit was still under $200, and a cheap one was around $125. With the OEM bbl included! By the time you bought a lower, stock, topcover, and the various other small parts that can be used for a semi build you had more than that in it. Plus there is a market for FA UZI parts, anything not used can be resold.

With a Kit almost $600, it does make less sense to not start from individual parts. But that was not the situation until this year.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
Building an uzi these days is a lost cause. I'm more interested in keeping my current stuff in working order.

pmf

I think most of us who buy these kits are just securing spare parts for our uzi machine guns.

APEXgunparts

$549!

Define "available"....
APEX has been offered UZI kits, but in quantities of 50 or 75, not the 500+ like we purchased before.
And the wholesale price was 3 X what my old RETAIL price was.
We passed on the purchase, I am not really wanting to stock up on expensive parts kits.
The Galil kits are the same way, APEX is selling from the ones we bought a couple of years ago.
Any new kits offered are beyond what we are willing to pay to stock them.
NOW, we have been offered some mini-UZI's and MICRO Galil's, and they have NEVER been a cheap kit, so those prices don't seem out of line.
I have no idea when we will see those kits, there isn't many so they won't tie up a lot of resources to carry them.

Richard

pmf

Define "available"....
APEX has been offered UZI kits, but in quantities of 50 or 75, not the 500+ like we purchased before.
And the wholesale price was 3 X what my old RETAIL price was.
We passed on the purchase, I am not really wanting to stock up on expensive parts kits.
The Galil kits are the same way, APEX is selling from the ones we bought a couple of years ago.
Any new kits offered are beyond what we are willing to pay to stock them.
NOW, we have been offered some mini-UZI's and MICRO Galil's, and they have NEVER been a cheap kit, so those prices don't seem out of line.
I have no idea when we will see those kits, there isn't many so they won't tie up a lot of resources to carry them.

Richard

Sounds like the end is near.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
The end is near for that generation of post war guns. The AKs, the Uzis, etc. There will be a new wave. We just saw the A1 M16s go through the shredder. Now Augs apparently. There will be more. Just prob more complicated guns that are harder to convert to semi. Seems like some armies are running semi-autos now so that will be interesting.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Bought em cheap, stacked em deep.

Have a 1st responder mini and another 3 kits along with little bits and pieces stashed away I can't easily access.

Every time APEX& Numrich had a sub 200 kit I bought one or two.
Most of the Numrich kits still have the white inspection paint on the parts meaning they were un-issued.

I currently have two FS bolts about 1/2 converted to semi just haven't gotten back to finishing them.
They are not a hard gun to build they are however time consuming.

Ship sailed the dock on the good ole days.
I would suggest anyone wanting/needing a kit to get one now since straight from APEX they are not coming in cheap.

They were 140 last winter from Numich now RTG wants 600 after shipping.... How long before they go up again?
Seems in a year 550.00 won't be a bad price. New guys will be calling 550.00 the good ole days.

I'm just happy any place like APEX or RTG even brings in kits no matter the price. Not like any of us are just going to drive to said country and buy our own.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
People getting the real cash now are selling the Fal parts kits with barrel they got from Tapco for 99 bucks back in the day.

slimshady

People getting the real cash now are selling the Fal parts kits with barrel they got from Tapco for 99 bucks back in the day.

I still have a couple Imbel kits with bbl and bipod. I missed out on the cheap ones, these set me back $135 each. I did however jump on the Tapco closeout sale when they clearanced out all their FAL surplus parts for pennies each. And their 50 packs of "slightly rusty" steel G3 mags at a buck each. Still kicking myself for not loading up on the 11 cent Aussie surplus .308 at Knob Creek back in the day. Free bandoliers and stripper clips included. :bang

One of these days when Oreilly's get that damn Flux Capacitor back in stock...

ScooterTrash

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember buying Radway Green .308 at the Creek. He wanted $135 / Thousand. Can you do better on 10K? $128 / Thousand. Still have 1 or 2K left. Probably late 90's. The good old days.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I still have Wolf steel case 5.56 and 9mm from when it was $99 1k shipped from Centerfiresystems, thought they were crazy when they wanted $30 more for 45acp.

slimshady

I still have Wolf steel case 5.56 and 9mm from when it was $99 1k shipped from Centerfiresystems, thought they were crazy when they wanted $30 more for 45acp.

Last two cases of 7.62X39 and 5.45X39 Wolf ammo I bought was around 2007 or so, $78 each delivered from Sportsman's Guide with the free trial membership and free shipping. I doubt we'll ever see those prices again, if for no other reason than $78 these days is only really worth about $14. Next year it will be $5.

I remember when I first started out working for minimum wage and Dad was raising a family of 6 on $400 or so a week, good money in those days. Now I'm making more than Dad did, and it seems like I had more play money back when I was bringing home $105! And more free time when I was working a full time job and two part time ones...

Unfortunately the current pricing of kits is the new "good old days" for those buying a few years from now. There are some low priced ones still out there, but in general parts kits for limited supply guns almost always go up. Now something like a PSA AR15 kit minus lower is not going to outpace inflation by a significant amount unless a ban or some other artificial event kills supply and increases demand simply because like Doritos they will make more. Most parts kits exist because whoever owned them previously upgraded to a newer model. Very few imported kits are still in production. Anyone remember the $15 STEN MKII kits with $2 magazines? Or Centerfire Systems giving away a free SUOMI kit with every parts kit purchase, most of which were $35-50? And that included a stick mag, IIRC you had to actually pay them an extra $10 if you wanted a drum with it. All with original uncut bbls of course.

About the only thing I ever saw regarding pricing not going up was AK mags right after the '94 ban, prices dropped to $5 each for a year or so. I forget who I ordered them from, but a set of 10 I got was about half all stamped Chinese mags. Remember thinking at the time what a ripoff, cheap unreinforced feed lips, these will wear out. If I only knew.

God, I'm old!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter