When did Vector start making semi minis?

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
I just bought a vector semi mini. I m trying to determine a manufacture date. I think they stopped making them in 2003. Any idea when they started?
TIA
Bill

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Note that Vector also had some IMI Mini post AW ban guns. I had one of those at one time. Are you referring to those or are you talking about a semi group fs receiver that was cut down and re-welded to make a semi group receiver?
I have one of the old Vector 'catalogs' which was just a photocopied print out of stuff and only see the IMI receiver Mini's listed in regards to semi mini's. I don't know if someone already scanned and posted it anywhere. This one is after they sold out of the FS full auto UZI's but still had some of cut down FA Mini's available. I don't see a date printed on it.

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
I have one of the cut down Group receiver Mini uzi produced by Vector. It was purchased through Atlantic Firearms in January 2008. Not sure how much longer they produced them.

Sorry, comprehension fail. I didn't see that you wanted a start date.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
This must be a cut down. It’s got the group markings on the rear and Vector markings on left side under the top cover.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
You could order your FA from Vector as a mini too and they would just chop a full size

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought a vector semi mini. I m trying to determine a manufacture date. I think they stopped making them in 2003. Any idea when they started?
TIA
Bill
Vector was selling semi-auto Mini UZIs by early 2000. They sold them until at least 2005, though availability was hit and miss depending on their supply of Mini UZI parts.

SecondAmend

Vector was selling semi-auto Mini UZIs by early 2000. They sold them until at least 2005, though availability was hit and miss depending on their supply of Mini UZI parts.
I bought a new production semi-auto Mini Uzi in spring of 2017. I believe they might have been clearing out new, old stock parts prior to shutting down. It's a pretty nice 9mm carbine.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought a "made to order" Mini Uzi Pistol from Kelly Arms in late 2013. It was built on a cut down vector receiver marked like Trilogymac's.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter