I see a few on sale from time to time (three currently). :confused
Where are they? :D

1. Collectors
2. Converted
3. Horded Away

Tony

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Check the FS section on HKpro. That's where I see them most often.

FWIW, Cohaire Arms have a decent clone of the SP89.

Jake

pgreen

The HK sp89 was the one of the last of the 90 series to be imported. The pistol was later deamed to be nonsporting due to legislation and then was no longer able to be imported. That being said the supply is limited of this fine weapon. Now as far as the sp89 is concerned, hard core Hks guys collect them and Hord them away as there will be no more Hk manufactured sp89s. The class 3 folks love to convert them to either sbrs or full auto. Which is really where the sp89 shines. As a pistol it really is not effective. As a sbr or a full auto it is an awesome little weapon. Hk sp89s are a piece of Hk history that is collected, converted and horded!

TrippHammer

I've got one, but its in the safe waiting for the day that I either get a sear or someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

$5,500- $6,500 for New to NIB original HK SP-89's are ridiculous, but looks like thats where they are heading.

AGG

TrippHammer said:
I've got one, but its in the safe waiting for the day that I either get a sear or someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

$5,500- $6,500 for New to NIB original HK SP-89's are ridiculous, but looks like thats where they are heading.

Reality appears to be closer than you think!!! :)
I have recently seen excellent condition HKSP89's selling for around $4,250.00-$4,500.00 and NIB around $4,750.00-$5,500.00. :tongue

Tony

ARDOC

I have one in my safe that I have shot exactly one mag out of. Thats it. It was cleaned and sent into the darkness after that.

I got, " every home needs one of those" 2 times. Once by the FFL transfering it and the Police officer that had to sign the inspection form.

I think it would be a shame to run it FA when there are cheap alternatives available.

When I get my sear, I would definitely get a sp89 knockoff.

TrippHammer

I'm not an HK fan,
I guess the price of the full auto sears has kind of turned me off from them.
Like I said, I'll keep mine until its time to sell it.

Is Vector still making them? I thought they where on hold.

Everything else would be a waste, out of spec, troublesome weapon and Its more about enjoyment for me than dealing w/ problems.

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
ARDOC said:
I have one in my safe that I have shot exactly one mag out of. Thats it. It was cleaned and sent into the darkness after that.

I got, " every home needs one of those" 2 times. Once by the FFL transfering it and the Police officer that had to sign the inspection form.

I think it would be a shame to run it FA when there are cheap alternatives available.

When I get my sear, I would definitely get a sp89 knockoff.

Police inspection form..? Which state requires that?

Confused,

Mike

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
prebans said:
Police inspection form..? Which state requires that?

Confused,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Michigan requires a 'safety inspection' which is really a euphemism for registration of pistols. BS!

Jake

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter