Who Will Be The First To Put A SD Front End On Their Mac Style RR?

Slowmo

But the Lage Max-/15 and the Tenko 10-16 adapter are AR based. "MitchWerbellsGhost87" did post a similar suppressed setup, to the Angsted Arms suppressed upper in the video above on the first page of this thread. The AA video above mentioned the HK SD but didn't do a side by side comparison to the SD. Both the M11/NINE upper on the P.P. and the Amstead Arms uppers are simple blowback. Only the Max-11/15 uses a standard AR-15 length bolt group. So the AR blowback bolt would need to be modified for use with the Max-11/15. I would think that the Max-11A/15 and the Max-10/15 could use the RDB bolt in the Lage custom carrier. I don't know how, without custom work that the other Lage Max-/15 models could be used with an AR blowback system because of the custom Lage

The Broad River Tactical SD style upper uses either simple blowback or radial delayed blowback. Since the Broad River Tactical uses ports similar to the HK SD ports which is set up for use with the SD suppressor and the lighter RDB bolt group would tend to have lighter recoil with less mass from the lighter bolt group moving around in the gun, the Broad River Tactical RDB SD upper would be my choice. Especially since I already have a HK clone SD suppressor. YMMV.

Scott
A lot of that could probably be made to work, but given you can just use 147-165gr bullets and a regular suppressor to achieve similar results, I’m not sure the reward is there for said effort.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Certainly, an integral suppressed firearm is certainly more expensive? Yes it is. For me the reason I bought a SD host for my HK sear was, at the time 147 grain 9mm ammo was hard to find and significantly more expensive. So I found that to be a bonus that I could use off the shelf 115.

But even more importantly, the SD can goes over the barrel almost up to the chamber. There is quite a bit of volume and much of the gas is dumped at the back of the can. So with a standard can, all of the weight of the can hangs off the end of the barrel. The SD is mounted so much closer to the center of the firearm. I have other MP5 based host guns. I find that transitioning from target to target, the further out the weight is the more likely I am to be slower to move off the previous target and more likely to swing through the next target and have to adjust back to the next target.

To me the SD is quieter than the other muzzle mounted pistol caliber cans I have out of the eight pistol caliber cans that I have. Suppressor noise is a very subjective topic. One guy says that a particular suppressed set up is "pellet gun quiet ". Another guy thinks that the same system is not hearing safe/too loud. I really like the SD. To each his own.

Scott

Slowmo

Certainly, an integral suppressed firearm is certainly more expensive? Yes it is. For me the reason I bought a SD host for my HK sear was, at the time 147 grain 9mm ammo was hard to find and significantly more expensive. So I found that to be a bonus that I could use off the shelf 115.

But even more importantly, the SD can goes over the barrel almost up to the chamber. There is quite a bit of volume and much of the gas is dumped at the back of the can. So with a standard can, all of the weight of the can hangs off the end of the barrel. The SD is mounted so much closer to the center of the firearm. I have other MP5 based host guns. I find that transitioning from target to target, the further out the weight is the more likely I am to be slower to move off the previous target and more likely to swing through the next target and have to adjust back to the next target.

To me the SD is quieter than the other muzzle mounted pistol caliber cans I have out of the eight pistol caliber cans that I have. Suppressor noise is a very subjective topic. One guy says that a particular suppressed set up is "pellet gun quiet ". Another guy thinks that the same system is not hearing safe/too loud. I really like the SD. To each his own.

Scott
I think what you’re saying makes sense for guns where you have access to the chamber region of the barrel (like an MP5 or AR), but you opened this discussion talking about MACs. Telescoping bolt designs (like a MAC or Uzi) are not conducive to that.

I suppose you could put a Max-15 upper on and convert it to an integral SD 9mm setup as you proposed, but then you’re adding tons of length and mass out front, which you also cautioned against.

I’m not sure what the benefit would be that would warrant the substantial increase in cost and form factor.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
For me, the whole point of this thread is about a configuration that I think is cool to be used on a Mac style RR that can be shot in full auto. Has it been done before? Certainly there has been some custom stuff done for a Mac style RR. But there is the rub. I have had several custom projects done. It is so hard to find someone to do a quality job on a custom design that isn't so backed up with work that is already sitting at their shop waiting to be done. And for such custom exspect to pay a premium price.

Is there an integral ported barrel/suppressor combination off the shelf upper for a Mac style RR commercially available? Sort of, but would be very expensive. Could a can be put on a 9mm upper and shot with 147 or higher subsonic ammo? Certainly, but I have only seen a picture of an integral suppressed Mac style upper. I have never seen nor shot such an upper in real life. I would like to. Is there commercially available options available for other transferables? Yes, but those other machineguns are $30,000 to $55,000. When those other transferable machineguns are considered, a $3,000 or $4,000 accessory doesn't seem so pricey.

Scott

Galil#1

Exactly Mr. Scott... even the Pre May/Dealer Samples are up up up and away $$$$$. $3K-$5K is shut up clowns, unless $20K - $60K $100K+ is chump change to ya... especially folks that flip MGs/SMGs like pancakes because ya a pancake flipper hungry big boy = in reality a real businessman, no difference vs. selling sneakers, cars, life insurance, coffee, rice & beans, or tampon products.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter