Recent content by Asmodeous

1. A

ITs true, Ruger is now making 30 round mags again.

http://shopruger.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&categoryId=11972&productId=63271&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=19056&lastCatId=19056
  2. A

Where to Get 20 round magazines

I ordered 10 today, and I don't even have my AC556 in hand yet!
  3. A

Some general AC556 questions

Anyone use an after market barrel and gas block and then swap back to the Ruger stock components before sending the gun off for service?
  4. A

Some general AC556 questions

I just traded for an AC556 and want to pick up some accessories for it before it turns up. Best source for mags? Does the Mini-14 ultiMAK fit? Can I ship it to Ruger and have the 18" barrel swapped for a 13"? What's the muzzle thread? I want to be able to use it with my existing 223 cans and...
  5. A

Is A Water Cooled Upper A Waste Of Time?

It's all price dependent. It's an interesting idea but $2K buys a lot of blaster barrrels.
  6. A

Max-11 with YHM Wraith XL QD can

I picked up a bunch of different YHM cans (9mm, 5.56, 7.76, 22) and while waiting on the transfers to complete I've been playing the them at the range/gunshop that has them. I'm still waiting on the QD adaptor for my 9mm M16 upper, but got the 1/2x28 thread flash hider with the can for the Max...
  7. A

AM15 by Tactical Innovations?

At least we didn't put up $5K to wait that long. I think I'm in the second group ($250 deposit); at least I was when I ordered at the begining of 06.
  8. A

More Dumb Newbie Questions

All of my AR uppers have M16 BCGs. It's perfectly legal; there's an ATF letter around somewhere, and has been pointed out, that's how Colt ships their ARs these days. And it lets me use any of my uppers on any of my M16s without swapping BCGs.
  9. A

Last Call to help me blow a small fortune - Time to order my MAX-11

The Ace locks up nice and tight for me and has a certain "tacticool" factor when folded. I've shot the Max11 that way, and it makes for a good movie pose, but tough to hit anything. My other M11 has a CAR adapter and stock on it. That works fine, too, but I prefer the feel of the Ace.
  10. A

Anyone heard of EA Manufacturing?

If I do that to my EA M16 my insurance will cover it ;)
  11. A

What gun are the steel mags sold as PM-11/M11 actually for?

Just got back from the range with all of the mags and my Max-11. One mag was a very tight fit in the mag well; a few seconds with a wire wheel fixed that. Most fir snug, 3 or 4 fit "loose." Most importantly, they all ran perfectly. And damn, that gun gets hot after 500 rounds or so in about...
  12. A

I don't think I could find the OEM stocks for my M11s on a bet ;) So I didn't consider it an issue.
  13. A

Thanks for the information. I'll do a search here for more details. I think $8.99 was the price; I didn't buy more than a dozen because I was probably leery of such a low cost magazine. C'est la vie.
  14. A

I know what a PM-11 is. But the mags clearly aren't for the gun originally, they fit a standard M11/9 perfectly, and unlike what the poster in that link thinks, the mag bears only superficial resemblence to a Sten mag, "specially modified" or otherwise.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter