Recent content by gekishibu86

1. G

Galils Israeli War

I’ve seen both M4 and Tavors and once Galil SARs.
  2. G

Galil magwell adapter

Not even close to the real ones since fitting one is so problematic.
  3. G

Take Everything you thought you knew and throw it out the window

How can that be an NFA item when it only have two pins?
  4. G

Galil folding stock

I haven’t seen the knuckle part get sloppy but where the stock meets the stock knuckle is where I see movement. The stock is made of aluminum tubing which is a lot softer than steel and that is where wear usually occurs. If you need to replace the spring, Mullicrk made a simple device that I...
  5. G

New Here, First Galil Clone

I haven’t done any business with them, just found it when I googled “Tapco Galil mag”. As much as I want to check grab some tapco mags myself, I’m behind enemy lines.
  6. G

New Here, First Galil Clone

https://opticsandammo.com/product/tapco-galil-golani-intrafuse-mag-30rd-mfg-16660/
  7. G

Need a definitive answer: ok or not to shoot 5.56 through pre-ban Galil?

I’ve been shooting 5.56 on my AA372 since acquiring it in 1987 with no issues whatsoever. From what I remember, the receivers were marked 223 to meet export regulations as the firearms were supposed to be used for “sporting” purposes. So all export Galil chambers are actually cut for the 556...
  8. G

Early R4 Wood Handguard Question

Lyttleton did made receivers with the scope mount. These were supposed to be exported back to Israel but before they could be shipped, the new SA government were not that friendly to Israel so they stayed in SA and ended up as LM rifles. See Forgotten Weapons R4 R5 R6 where Ian McCollum...
  9. G

I went through my saved pics from the R series pic thread and also found your posting with Ruski’s pic on a shooting competition in SA, and it’s on page 46. I noticed this R4 with wood handguard and I believe it was a very early batch R4 made by IMI. It has a scope mount cut on the left side...
  10. G

Thank you all, I think I found the answer!
  11. G

One more question Seth, those first batch with the long wood handguards, did the receiver have lightening cuts on both sides or lightening cut on one side and scope mount cut on the other?
  12. G

Thank you Seth for the clarification, I know you would come through with the info I need! Those initial deliveries, how were they mark? Israeli markings or SA?
  13. G

I’m in the process of putting together the parts for an early R4 clone and wanted my parts to be as correct as possible. I tried to research as when was the long wood handguard was incorporated but could not find any info. As I understand it, when SA adopted the R4 in 1975, IMI delivered it...
  14. G

Galil Model Ownership Poll

I believe yours is considered as an IMI receiver import.
  15. G

Galil Model Ownership Poll

I believe yours is considered as an IMI receiver import.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter