Recent content by gunguy45

1. gunguy45

Trouble with my Reising Model 50

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?93753-Reising-quit-running&p=834184&highlight=#post834184 Try this thread. Mine wouldn't run when I got it. 2-3 rounds, or singles in FA. I ended up removing the selector, & it ran like a champ(FA, WITH NO SAFETY) This was only a test, & I really...
  2. gunguy45

Got it back.

I bought mine in '94, 1 firing pin, & 1 broken Action Bar. Other than that smooth sailing.
  3. gunguy45

Reising quit running

I'll second the selector leg. When I bought mine, I couldn't figure out why it would give 2, or 3 rounds in FA, then stop. I took the selector off of the gun, & it ran fine in FA. Bought a new selector, & it's run ever since. That was 1994.
  4. gunguy45

Reising Model 50 drum

This is from the 4th page of the thread I previously linked
  5. gunguy45

Reising Model 50 drum

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?22060-50-rd-Reising-drums&daysprune=-1 Here is the link to the orig. thread when barrelexchange made the drums.
  6. gunguy45

Bolt Has Wear in Sear Catch ARea -Need Advice

My 76/45 bolt wore the same way, started running away. I took measurements to the step, then welded it up, & re-cut the step. It's been a few years, but works like it should, & I keep my eye on it.
  7. gunguy45

Considering Stemple 76/45. any input?

I was thinking about pocketing out the orig. bolt, & inserting it with a piece of A2, or 4140, at least. the sear catch was my only concern. it seems like the weld is working, so I thought, just go with it.
  8. gunguy45

BigMT, That's pretty much what I figured, soft bolt. It's good to know what material the bolt is made from for future reference.
  9. gunguy45

I've got an early one, Sq wood hand grip, etc. S/N 1045(I think) I bought it in 2001, so I've had it a while. A couple of years after I bought it the gun started running away. It kept firing after releasing the trigger. Some times 1, or 2 rounds, sometimes the rest of the mag. The sear notch on...
  10. gunguy45

S&W 76 replacement grips

Gotta ask, how did you get the 3D model? Laser scanner, or measure, & draw?
  11. gunguy45

.45 Stemples

I'd have to say to runs near 900 rpm, pretty fast. I've only got a few thousand rds. through it, I only get it out about once a year. I bought it in 2001, paid $1900.00. The triggers on them are pretty lousy, heavy as all get out.
  12. gunguy45

.45 Stemples

I've got an "early" Stemple S/N 1040, looks like the first link. They use modified M3 GG mags. A slot needs to be cut in the correct place for the mag catch, not hard to do on a mill. The only trouble I've had was it started to run away. Seems the sear notch on the bolt eroded, & wouldn't catch...
  13. gunguy45

Found a Reising in a friends gun cabinet

Could be a new made barrel, with no fins, fitted for a Thompson Comp. Good replacement Reising barrels are not easy to come by, you have to drill the comp to remove it on a Reising, so that may explain the Cutts.
  14. gunguy45

Found a Reising in a friends gun cabinet

Gun Parts(Numrich) was selling Black replacement stocks 15, or so years ago, it could be one of those. If the serial # has a letter prefix, it is most likely one of the "later" guns. The ones made in the 40's were all straight numeric S/N guns, I believe. Frank's Reising book will help you out.
  15. gunguy45

Dairt Reising .45 ACP Ammo

Here is a link to a GB auction that sold a box on 10/24/2014 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447634632 $58.50. I just saw that this box has other cartridges in it, not the Orig. So that was just for the box, which isn't in the best shape....

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter