Recent content by kmart356

1. kmart356

R4 magazine?

This magazine is not like my other steel mil-surp mags. Is it South African R4 mag? The color is grayish rather than black paint. No markings on floor plate
  2. kmart356

VIDEO ON MAG REPAIR

Blazin - I'm in for one.
  3. kmart356

GALIL family portrait

SAR - Bolt carrier not hard chrome as far as I know, it came to me that way. After i got it, top cover and gas tube have been refinished with spray on 500* engine enamel w_ceramic and then distressed with steel wool. Same for the stock but in grayish tones. It has the forward to fire left side...
  4. kmart356

GALIL family portrait

GALIL models Golani Micro SAR with wood HG
  5. kmart356

Micro with new Front Sight

Galil new Front Sight Valmet front sight... fits on the std. Galil FSB with the same spring/screws. Flip post, no elevation.
  6. kmart356

AK Picture Thread!

Hungarian/Galil mutt gone
  7. kmart356

AK Bolt carriers

Top - Galil SAR Carrier & piston Middle -Galil Carrier & Hungarian AMD piston w/7.62x39 Bolt Bottom - Hungarian Carrier & AMD piston
  8. kmart356

? Front sight post

The threads are the same for the Galil and AK47 sight post. The Galil is longer than the AK47. I just installed one on my AK47 FSB to help line up with the rear sight Galil top cover i installed.
  9. kmart356

Gas vents - Over gassed - Bolt bounce?

Thank you for the gas port sizes and the other recommendations. That bottom pic is my rifle, purchased that way and it shoots everything very nicely. The top photo is not my rifle, I found the photo on some Internet site and it sure does need to be pinned! :D
  10. kmart356

Gas vents - Over gassed - Bolt bounce?

Posting this to get comments, suggestions, opinions, etc First photo shows the gas vents found on the Galil gas tube for Micro/AR/ARM variants... The second photo shows the custom milled gas vents on an SAR. My speculation at this point is that the gas vents allow pressure to drop once the...
  11. kmart356

Micro build completed

Thanks.
  12. kmart356

Micro build completed

Just finished Micro style build It's not "a correct micro" build, but it sure is functional.
  13. kmart356

A couple of questions about the Galil.

The knuckle that fits to the Galil receiver is different than any of the standard AK stock attachments...no direct swap.
  14. kmart356

UZI Picture Thread

Paracord wrap for stock is possible solution
  15. kmart356

Hello fellow Galil Lovers!

...good eye GregCandR. That looks like an AK bullet guide in photo. See below photo for a Galil bullet guide for reference.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter