Recent content by ScottinTexas

1. ScottinTexas

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

After you're done, just cook some bacon in a cookie tray and parchment paper.
  2. ScottinTexas

Uzi Bag?

I have two original vintage cases and they are silkscreened.
  3. ScottinTexas

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

You might be surprised at how fair Sam at PS is. I suggest you call them.
  4. ScottinTexas

Uzi Bag?

I read somewhere that he had health issues and wasn't actively producing these cases. There is one on Gunbroker now. Expect to pay about $300-$325 for one. That's the FMV.
  5. ScottinTexas

Smg Uzi vector/group industries

At the risk of having him reappear like Beatlejuice by evoking his name, our old friend BatteringRam NIB bought his mint unfired GI / Vector and had to ship it off to one or two gunsmiths before he got his out-of-spec gun to work. That was a fun story to take in. My GI / Vector was purchased...
  6. ScottinTexas

Your experience with a GI Vector is not the same as my experience with my GI Vector. Nether experience is invalid or meaningless, and extrapolation is hard to do with any certainty. However, I think it is fair to say much has been written and is known about issues GI had with warped receivers...
  7. ScottinTexas

Which Lage Upper

In my opinion, this would be the best option to help with the sale. The difference between these two uppers are pretty minimal and if a buyer REALLY wanted one over the other, why not use that as leverage?
  8. ScottinTexas

FN FNC Bolt

I messaged him 3-4 months ago and bought some custom M1 rear sight covers….so he’s alive and well.
  9. ScottinTexas

FN FNC Bolt

No way to divine if the bidder is real or a shill but this is in line with my observations about availability and price of parts for the FNC's. That's why I bought the nice semi at ~$3K for spares. In hindsight, I probably should have kept both, but knowing I would never fire either, sold at a...
  10. ScottinTexas

FN FNC Bolt

What would you sell that bolt for now?
  11. ScottinTexas

FN FNC Bolt

There are many discontinued german-made guns, like Sigs and HK's that are getting crazy expensive and generally no (or very few) milled replacement parts are being reproduced in the US. Some folks are making springs but that's about it. Replacement parts other than that can only be obtained...
  12. ScottinTexas

FN FNC Bolt

At one time I owned a FA FNC and complete semiauto just for spare parts. Honestly, once I learned that the only parts available in the US would be from salvaged guns and VERY expensive, I figured I would never shoot either and opted to just sell them both together as a package. There is...
  13. ScottinTexas

Walther UZI .22LR Tactical Rimfire Replica Rifle

Agreed. Out-of-production items is a warning sign. CZ sites suffer the same disease.
  14. ScottinTexas

It was both. The GM barrel didn't have the same more rounded profile on the outer edge of the barrel in the breech end. The bolt would glance off that more square edge and slow it down enough that I would get light strikes all the time, all ammo. So in all probability the trunnion or receiver...
  15. ScottinTexas

Last gun I bought from Ruben there was no sales tax. That amounts to ~$1,600 in my state. Gunbroker will charge it. And he will actually answer the phone and your questions.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter