Recent content by velocityvette

1. V

Best path to a SAR SBR?

Pick up a TortTort receiver and contacting Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms. Have him supply the barrel, doll up the receiver with his IDF package and do your build. File your eForm 1 while you wait. My $.02 lol. Jeff does outstanding work.
  2. V

Replacement Night Sights

opticsplanet.com, same sights are $81 and I’m sure you can find a coupon to save a few more $. https://www.opticsplanet.com/meprolight-night-sights-for-galil-rifle-before-2008.html
  3. V

Semiauto UZI - Serious tool or a Range Toy?

I have never seen a plug and play “kit” like you are wanting. An Uzi build is gona require a bit of leg work, unless you send it to someone and just say “build it and send me the bill”. Since you have a McKay receiver, go pick up a McKay semi-auto bolt assy. Prob good idea to do it ASAP as the...
  4. V

info

The pictured crest is different than the traditional IDF crest and the Tzahal he normally does. I’ve seen a different one he does on the right side of some Micros also but the crest pictured is a totally new one to me. Very curious as to what/who it is associated with.
  5. V

info

Most folks I’d think are going to have $2000-$2500 in one of his SAR builds, with all the trimmings (Nice kit, receiver, barrel, new night sights, IDF engraving, lightening cut(s), optics cut, nitride finish.). Current market, 3kish? What’s the scoop on the emblem/crest? I have not seen that...
  6. V

Galil SAR Parts

Makman90, check out the ones he makes.
  7. V

SAR parts kits

Bowman Arms has some nice looking SAR kits on Gunbroker at the moment. Last auction closed at $310 I believe.
  8. V

Current mag source

Rguns has excellent-NOS 32rd mags for $15. Ive bought 15 from them and all but one was NOS. The other one was new as well but had a large stain from some unknown substance. Uzipro mags do work. Main diff from military mags is they have a painted finish vs park and a plastic follower vs metal...
  9. V

Semi auto build safety concerns

I will say this.. I recently purchased a Mckay bolt assy just for this reason. I had previously had my build assembled using one of the UC9 style bolts from APEX, which are modified FA bolts without the blocking latch. I had an out of battery discharge during which debris hit the right lense of...
  10. V

Gall Ace pistol SBR and 922r

I didnt think 922 applied to NFA items?
  11. V

Stovepipe malfunctions

I wish i had some before and after spring weight measurements for ya but dont. It deff takes the preload out of the spring though.
  12. V

Stovepipe malfunctions

Might try drilling out your buffer so that the recoil spring sits in its cup in the rear of your McKay receiver. Easy cheesy to do, may try that.
  13. V

Deep firing pin strikes

What bolt and striker are you using?
  14. V

U.S. manufacture of striker/firing pin assemblies?

Posted this on AKfiles. Might be helpful info for anyone considering purchasing one of the Pratical Solutions assemblies. " Practical Solutions has some available. Proud of them though and you may want to inquire about the firing pin configuration they have used. Looks like a UC9 pin with a...
  15. V

SA Bolt Group McKay web page changes

Had not noticed but this is the reply I received last week regarding an inquiry on the ETA of bolt groups. "We had to restart our production due to a change in machine shops. It will be a few months"

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter