Recent content by yzfchet

1. yzfchet

Rear Sight Plunger Help

Wow, didn't want you to have to take one apart, but thanks very much! #2 steel shot does the trick at 3.05mm.
  2. yzfchet

Rear Sight Plunger Help

Very cool, thanks much. I hope you didn't disassemble yours to find that info. The replacement tritium flip sights were ~$100 from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AUDZLQ?tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1
  3. yzfchet

Rear Sight Plunger Help

I think we're talking about two different things. The detent inside the sight is a tiny round ball about the size of a BB, more or less. The spring inside forces it against the wall of the rear sight body and clicks into a small hole in the sight to keep the two different range peephole options...
  4. yzfchet

Rear Sight Plunger Help

I was replacing the tritium night sights on my 5.56 ARM and naturally the rear sight (day sight, not the night sight) plunger, which I believe is essentially a BB, flew into the void when the spring sproinged out. Anyone know the diameter of this plunger detent? I presume iron or steel shot in...
  5. yzfchet

Best Charging Handle for Blocking Gas Blowback

Thanks for all the input, guys. Seems like the bead of silicone may be the single most effective gas blocking aid, and that it's a tossup between the Gunfighter, Geissele, and PRI handles. This probably means that all three of them work better than most others, and adding the bead of RTV makes...
  6. yzfchet

The PRI gas buster, Joe?
  7. yzfchet

Figured I'd ask you all instead of spending north of $200 to try different charging handles that advertise excellent gas-in-nose-&-eyes prevention when suppressed. What IS the best charging handle to reduce gas blowback? Also, anyone do the silicone sealant fix on their handle to block gas...
  8. yzfchet

Enhanced Safety Lever and Tritium Sights for 5.56 ARM

This must have been covered in the past but my search-fu fails me. Looking for one of those safety levers with the cutout to hold the bolt open, and a set of replacement tritium sights for a 5.56 ARM ORF/Galil. Does anyone sell either item? I know someone was selling the front & rear trit...
  9. yzfchet

Mid Length Handguards & Angled Grips

Thanks again!
  10. yzfchet

Thanks, gman. The foregrip is just about perfect. Does seem to require using the M-LOK handguard, which looks pretty good, too. Out of stock, unfortunately.
  11. yzfchet

Howdy, you all. Converting an AR to 16" mid length barrel and having trouble finding a decent free float handguard and specific grip. Trying to find a handguard that's mostly smooth but has attachable picatinny rail segments. Only need the rail segment on the bottom for attaching the other...
  12. yzfchet

Magazine feed lips: how high is too high? (Bolt touches only if mags pushed upward)

With M11-9s, a very slight adjustment of the feed ramp can make all the difference. And if you have mags whose lips rub the underside of the bolt, you need to weld on some mag stops or shave down the lips so that this does not occur.
  13. yzfchet

brass limits?

You guys talking about reloads - what is the average cost of a reload using 124 gr. FMJ bullets today? Presume the brass is free and the bullets, primers, and powder are the only expense. Are primers relatively easy to get now?
  14. yzfchet

Out of Battery

Describe the two different uppers; that might point towards something.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter