CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks for sharing that interesting info. I assume the deal didn’t work? Why not? Just curious as that math seems like it should be worth the effort
There is enough demand for the bolts to do another production run but the manufacturer won't manufacture them right now under pressure for political reasons. They canceled all their firearms related production except for military contracts. They are in a very liberal state with a lot of anti 2A and constitutional attacks going on. I told the interested party to get in touch with Practical Solutions. Sam is the authorized distributor. He may not want the sales competition, but he may want to increase the quantity for a better manufacturing price. It's up to him.

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
For me I think it does, but the lesson here is not to assess if something is expensive, feels expensive, or sounds expensive, but to determine what it's worth to you.
Like McDonald's lol. I don't go there anymore. The food is too expensive and the portions have shrunk and the quality has gotten terrible. So it's not worth it to me, but when I drive by the drive thru line is wrapped around the building so obviously other people don't have the same expectations or standards.

Last edited:

Ericoak

Someone messaged me on GB asking about the ad I took down. I decided to keep my A1 bolt, even though it is unlikely that I snap the fixed firing pin m11/9 version. Still interested buyers out there.

ktk120

Not sure if yall saw but Tina from Practical made a post on an Uzi thread saying they are going to be making all varieties full tungsten bolts soon. The greed may need to hurry up and sell those 3000 CFW before they drop to below the new price point. (This is from post about GG lowers for uzi thread near the top on this forum)

"Hi All, Here's an update for those interested: We did indeed have enough interest in the project, but most people wanted a complete conversion kit i.e. the lower, bolt assembly and barrel. We know that the current supply of bolts and/or barrels is unreliable and becoming increasingly scarce. So we have kept the project on the back burner. We are working on the dilemma, we have a milling machine we are setting up to machine bolts - MAC bolts as well as Uzi bolts. After we have the bugs work out on making bolts, we'll be setting that mill up for machining tungsten and we plan to try making the CF-W bolts in-house after being pushed to the side by the previous fabricator. Secondly, we have another Lathe arriving tomorrow that will allow us to make barrels as long at 16", with this machine we plan to make longer than standard MAC barrels, as well as Uzi barrels. Once we have Uzi bolts and barrels on line, we'll turn our attention back to the GG lowers project so that we can sell them as a kit or individually. Please understand this wont happen overnight, but this the path we are traveling and we all know it's two steps forward and one step back.

Thanks for your continued interest and support.

t"

Last edited:

SecondAmend

Not sure if yall saw but Tina from Practical made a post on an Uzi thread saying they are going to be making all varieties full tungsten bolts soon. The greed may need to hurry up and sell those 3000 CFW before they drop to below the new price point. (This is from post about GG lowers for uzi thread near the top on this forum)

"Hi All, Here's an update for those interested: We did indeed have enough interest in the project, but most people wanted a complete conversion kit i.e. the lower, bolt assembly and barrel. We know that the current supply of bolts and/or barrels is unreliable and becoming increasingly scarce. So we have kept the project on the back burner. We are working on the dilemma, we have a milling machine we are setting up to machine bolts - MAC bolts as well as Uzi bolts. After we have the bugs work out on making bolts, we'll be setting that mill up for machining tungsten and we plan to try making the CF-W bolts in-house after being pushed to the side by the previous fabricator. Secondly, we have another Lathe arriving tomorrow that will allow us to make barrels as long at 16", with this machine we plan to make longer than standard MAC barrels, as well as Uzi barrels. Once we have Uzi bolts and barrels on line, we'll turn our attention back to the GG lowers project so that we can sell them as a kit or individually. Please understand this wont happen overnight, but this the path we are traveling and we all know it's two steps forward and one step back.

t"
Nothing about making .22 uppers or conversions of any stripe though.

ktk120

Nothing about making .22 uppers or conversions of any stripe though.
It's a post that was around GG lowers and she threw a plug about the bolts because it was applicable to that thread. This is not a list of all the things they have going on. I can assure you the m10 22 uppers are real

GunsCarsPlanes

Tina from Practical made a post on an Uzi thread saying they are going to be making all varieties full tungsten bolts soon.

I wonder if that means they'll be making MAC bolts; who knows.

For all you experts, I have a question about MAC machine gun slow fire bolts. Production seems limited to converting leftover OEM bolts. Why can't manufacturers like Practical simply use new stock metal and CNC machine new bolts? My understanding is that the ATF considers the lower receiver to be the regulated machine gun component, not the bolt. Is this correct?

ktk120

I wonder if that means they'll be making MAC bolts; who knows.

For all you experts, I have a question about MAC machine gun slow fire bolts. Production seems limited to converting leftover OEM bolts. Why can't manufacturers like Practical simply use new stock metal and CNC machine new bolts? My understanding is that the ATF considers the lower receiver to be the regulated machine gun component, not the bolt. Is this correct?
Practical and a few others have and do make new MAC bolts and that is what tina said. I dont follow what you are saying though? Slow fire are tungsten which is much heavier and denser than the steel and thats why they are slow fire they reciprocate slower. The bolt is just a part the machine gun is the lower it has nothing to do with regulation.

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member

t"
That was a year ago and Sam and I talked about it since then. I can't tell you what he was trying to do. It's his idea and with enough time and money anything is possible. I will say this though. I had a full machine shop, not CNC, old school machines. I made replacement parts for emergency repairs for my wife's printing business, Heidelberg printing press parts can take a while to get. Machining the back half of the Gen-1 bolts and other tungsten alloy prototypes tore up my machines. Bearings were shot, play in all the feed tables, heads vibrate out of calibration. It's all junk now. It was a challenge and labor of love but I lost money and I would do it again for what I learned and the friends I made. There is a reason only one manufacturer can make CF-W bolts IN THE WORLD in any quantity. I stick by my last post. The value of a CF-W bolt like the M-11/9 is increasing and you may not like it or agree with it but it doesn't make it not

Last edited:

ktk120

That post from Tina was from this week my friend and either Sam is successful at it or me and most mac owners will never enjoy a slow fire because there is enough rich guys to ruin for us or the few of you that were lucky enough to be into this game when the originals were available.

PS mac are down in some cases big time from highs. I don't think anything is going up in the short term but the long play is still there.

mwarnick1

There is a reason only one manufacturer can make CF-W bolts IN THE WORLD in any quantity.

What’s the reason? It sounds like you might be saying that only one manufacturer in the world has the right machines?

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
What’s the reason? It sounds like you might be saying that only one manufacturer in the world has the right machines?
I only have the information I was given by the manufacturer and my and other machinist experience with the alloy. The alloy rapidly eats up the tools and bits that cut and drill it and its hard on the machines. The company that can make them makes their own tooling and bits. Special tungsten carbide that they spec and has to be changed every three bolts to prevent chatter that destroys the machining accuracy and tears up the machines. The machines themselves are one of a kind and were specifically engineered for the manufacture of tungsten alloy products. It's all this company does and they are good at it. On a lighter note, most of the lightning cuts on the A1 bolt prototype in the picture posted in that recent thread I did with it going back and forth between Tom, Matt and I for testing. Tom took it to a local machinist friend in Vegas to try and get it lighter. When Tom went to go pick it up, the guy said to never bring it back again. He machined the spot around front of the ejection port and I could see where the cutting bit broke and dragged across the bolt. That's why that looks wonky and incomplete, lol. I cleaned it up and sand blasted it so its not as visible.

mwarnick1

Neat info. Thanks for posting it. That says a lot about the level of effort Sam/Tina are putting into equipment to maybe produce them.

That also points to why prices will remain high. That’s a bunch of sunk costs to recover on a limited demand product

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I don’t think we will be seeing any newly manufactured tungsten bolts anytime soon. I’m know Sam and Tina have every intention of doing a run of bolts, but I think it’s gonna be quite a while before the newly manufactured tungsten bolts are being shipped. These things take time, usually measured in years.

mwarnick1

If the rumored non-tungsten slow fire bolts mentioned in another thread come anywhere close to the performance of the CFW it could kill future demand.

I’m very curious to see the design of those other slowfire bolts

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I don’t think we will be seeing any newly manufactured tungsten bolts anytime soon. I’m know Sam and Tina have every intention of doing a run of bolts, but I think it’s gonna be quite a while before the newly manufactured tungsten bolts are being shipped. These things take time, usually measured in years.
THIS!!! Like the old saying goes....Reality often astonishes theory.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter