Search results

1. woodenword

Site donation

So I was wanting to make another site donation, but the PayPal link doesn’t allow me to add a note as to who I am, as far as user name. Tried sending a message to Rover Dave, but he didn’t respond. Any ideas?
  2. woodenword

Unopened mag

Is there anything special about an unopened grease gun mag from 1956? If not, I’m going to open it, as I’m a shooter, not a collector. If its of value to a collector, what would it be worth. Would It be worth a couple used grease gun mags?
  3. woodenword

Odd day shooting

Odd day shooting on Tuesday. 2 uppers were malfunctioning and this is what I found. Also, are there any differences between a 5.56 extractor an a 7.62x39 extractor? Measuring I didn’t see any difference. 7.62x39 11.5 upper broken bolt 5.56 10.5 upper broken extractor pin Don‘t know where...
  4. woodenword

7.62x39 upper.

Picked this up the other day. Seller said he was having trouble getting Russian ammo to run in it. Said it came with an enhanced firing pin, but when I measured the pin from the stop to the tip, I discovered it’s actually shorter than a spare regular pin I had. I ordered one from Red X Arms...
  5. woodenword

What do I have here?

This is has been in storage for a while. Steel cased, copper washed, with magnetic bullet. Old notes say Chinese and corrosive. Anyone know?
  6. woodenword

Max 11/15 gas block

Ordered a rebuild kit from Odin as the socket on the gas adjustment screw had stripped out. Had to use vise grips to remove the old one. Now I cannot get the new screw to go in more than 1 3/4 turns. They both measure the same diameter. It’s almost like the new one has different threads. I...
  7. woodenword

Ammo question

Anyone shot Monarch steel cased 9mm through a Max-31 with Suomi drums? I’ve never shot any steel cased through my Max-31, but ammo is kind scarce out there. Gonna need some ammo for matches when I get back in AZ.
  8. woodenword

VZ61 Skorpion 32ACP

So, tell me about the .32ACP VZ61 Skorpion. For some reason I’m wanting to pick one of these up and SBR it. But I’ve never even shot one! :dunno
  9. woodenword

MK760 serial numbers

I know I have read some information somewhere about serial numbers and prefixes. Does anyone have a list or know where there is one? Thanks.
  10. woodenword

MAX-11/15 upper finalized part selection

Per Richard Lage, here is the finalized parts selection for the MAX-11/15. (I emailed him as I could not find the thread I thought I saw that had it.) Bolt Carrier Group The bolt head is manufactured from Carpenter 158 steel and is Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI). The finish of the BCG is...
  11. woodenword

Lage Manufacturing

Well, what can I say about Lage Manufacturing that hasn't already been said? I have never dealt with a company with the level of service that they give. If any of you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with them, you have surely missed out. Thank you again Richard and Jackie.
  12. woodenword

Conversion question

Could an RPB M10 in 9mm be converted to .45? Would it be as simple as changing the grip and upper? Has anyone seen this done? Thanks guys.
  13. woodenword

Unhappy camper

Well, the extractor gave out on my MK 760 today. I've only had the gun for 4 months, and now I'm dead in the water. I've had an order in to SA Machine since April, so I hope I'll get a replacement, someday. Sure wish parts were a little more available. :(
  14. woodenword

Barrel length

Anybody know if a shorter barrel will increase or decrease the rate of fire? I'm going to try a 5 inch barrel.
  15. woodenword

Sten kit value

I "inherited" this Sten kit. Looks to have all the parts. There are two tubes, one with the template on it. Any idea what it's worth? Thanks for any help.
  16. woodenword

MK 760 Problem

Took my MK 760 out for the first time today. Had a good amount of jams where an empty case was extracted from the chamber but appears to have either slipped off the bolt face and missed the extractor or didn't clear the ejection port. Ammo used was WWB. Anyone else have this problem? I've got...
  17. woodenword

New to me

Picked up my tube and assembled my MK760 yesterday. Hoping I'll get a chance to shoot it this weekend. Ordered some spare parts from SA Machine in April. Maybe I'll get them someday too.
  18. woodenword

Would this be a gaggle?

So they have at least 10? New in box? http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=166704 Wow, just wow.
  19. woodenword

Other options for repairs

Is there another option for repair or parts besides Scott Andrey Machine for the MK760? I've sent a couple emails and after more than two weeks, have not had a reply. I don't have the whole gun yet, but playing with the trigger group, I'm pretty sure the trigger bar is slipping off the sear in...
  20. woodenword

Matching magazine

The seller sent me all the parts and mags for my MK 760 and I've noticed that one of the original mags has the gun's serial number stamped on the bottom front tab. Is that common?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter