Search results

1. B

Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

Yup, I confirm that the CMMG mag catch locks in all my mags quite well, metal ones, PMAGs, 20- and 30-rounds, whatever, after replacing the Troy that came with the upper. Interestingly enough, my Gen2 PMAG also don't lock in with the Troy, but the Gen3 does. So, there's definitely some...
  2. B

Great, thanks, I'll give that a try before anything else.
  3. B

Yesterday I tried adjusting the rotations of the mag catch, as described above by others. BTW, thanks for the useful tips. :) Anyway, neither adding nor subtracting rotations had any effect, the metal 30-round mags won't lock, but the 20-rounders still work fine. Looks like I'll be trying...
  4. B

Got mine out to the range yesterday, and put 200 rounds through it to break it in. Pretty impressive fireball, and after breaking in worked well. None of my 30-round mags would lock in (unmarked, Center, Colt, Kay). All of my 20-round mags locked in fine (Universal, PMAG, BFI). Someone...
  5. B

Got my shipment notice today, delivery scheduled for July 5.
  6. B

Got the notice that mine is "almost ready" this evening, asking for confirmation of interest, to which of course I replied, well, you know ;-). The last I checked I was number 86.
  7. B

New MAX-11/15 Videos

Any plans to make a version for the M11a1?
  8. B

The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

Received mine today, what a gold mine of information. Great job. :thumbs_up
  9. B

S&W FTE/FTF issues??

Look under the extractor for buildup of burnt powder. This happened to me with my Burgess gun (I had dumbly slathered CLP into the extractor groove). Had to drive out the pin, remove the extractor, clean same and slot, re-install extractor. Runs like a charm now.
  10. B

OOB with Blazer brass in F/A Uzi

Yesterday we ran a qualification for a new member using my F/A Model A. He brought 2 boxes of Blazer 115g brass cased ammo to use. Never having had any problems with any of the ammo I've ever used (WWB, Speer 124g, Winchester Nato-spec, locally-manufactured 147g, etc.) I thought my gun would...
  11. B

Speed Loaders for the M76 mags

The only problem with those wonderful Swedish K loaders is that you have to load the metal stripper clips before using the loader itself. Yeah, I know, that probably counts as a "first-world problem". :)
  12. B

Do You Tape Your Grip Safety?

Put tape on the web of your hand? :)
  13. B

does GI Uzi come with a bayonet lug?

The Dingus is called, strangely enough, the frog stud. :)
  14. B

First sub gun... A few questions...

I used to liberally wet the extractor groove itself with CLP. After a while I started getting FTEs, which were due (as it turns out) to burned powder getting under the extractor itself, gumming itself up with the CLP and then causing the extractor claw to sit too high to reliably grip the spent...
  15. B

Cocking Knob Question

On my Burgess gun the cocking handle/knob rotates freely.
  16. B

Burgess SW76 guns

Following up on this, after cleaning the dried caked filth out of the extractor slot the Burgess SW76 ran flawlessly using both WWB and S&B 115g ammo. Flawlessly. I then tried some Lawman 124g and got stovepipes. Switching back to 115g the gun again ran flawlessly. I suspect that switching...
  17. B

Burgess SW76 guns

I got my Burgess gun several years ago. It originally shot very well and reliably. Over time, however, I've been getting stovepipes more and more frequently. So I repeatedly put it aside to look at later. On the suggestion of a fellow local MG shooter I finally removed the extractor and, lo...
  18. B

A Stuck Uzi

Is the gun on safe? Are you squeezing the grip safety when you try to cock the bolt? Try taking it off safe and squeezing the grip safety.
  19. B

Bipod on a uzi

Nero thread revival. Our local Thompson Collectors Association chapter was having a bipod/tripod/prone shoot at our 100 yard range, so that was an opportunity to try the Uzi on a Harris bipod. Targets were kitty litter jugs at 100 yards. The Uzi was making the target jug dance quite nicely...
  20. B

Buffers for full auto uzi

Resurrecting this thread, now that the main uzitalk pages are back it looks like I had it bass ackwards. My bad.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter