Search results

1. serendipitist

Ejector catching bolt

Thanks, Richard. It looks to me like it is hitting the side. I will try a little tap after work tomorrow. You do such fine work, I want to take extra care not to make a mistake with this beauty!
  2. serendipitist

Ejector catching bolt

Although I have been a fan of UZIs for many years, I haven't tried to build one until now, and I want to do it right. I have a top-notch BWE receiver. Problem is, the bolt seems to get caught up on the ejector. This happens with a McKay bolt, that I intend to use in the build, but I have also...
  3. serendipitist

Looking for screwdriver recommendations

Thank you!
  4. serendipitist

Looking for screwdriver recommendations

I am looking for recommendations on a good gunsmithing screwdriver set. Specifically, I want to find a correct screwdriver to use for the Uzi rear sight leaf screw and the Uzi hand guard screws. Rather than do my usual ham-handed job, I would like to get a nice, clean, unmarred look.
  5. serendipitist

Best ‘zero’ for an Uzi carbine?

This is from the Uzi Pro Manual
  6. serendipitist

UC 9 issue, trigger pulls, won't fire 1 St time

This happens on mine about 5% of the time-tolerable, but annoying. Richard, do you need to have the entire firearm shipped, or is shipping the trigger assembly adequate?
  7. serendipitist

New usa made GALIL wood handguards!!

Agreed. That would be pretty awesome!
  8. serendipitist

CMP 1911- who else is sending into the lottery?

Good luck Battering ram! As of today, I am number 32xx. Its all good fun :)
  9. serendipitist

CMP 1911- who else is sending into the lottery?

I'm in the lottery, too, and waiting for my number to come up. I'm excited about it! For me, part of the fun is the "luck of the draw." I've already picked up a Flannery barrel in good condition, in case it needs one. Otherwise, I plan to use it -rarely- in CMP "as-issued" pistol competition, or...
  10. serendipitist

Longer Barrel for Uzi Pro

Does anybody make a longer barrel for the Uzi Pro? It looks like D&D used to make a 5.75 inch one, but its now listed as out of stock. It seems to me like a couple extra inches could be advantageous.
  11. serendipitist

Uzi Pro Parts out there somewhere? (stock, front piece)

Not exactly what you're looking for, but Title II Arms has some custom parts. http://www.titleiiarms.com
  12. serendipitist

Jericho 941 with double import marks

I recently picked up an early IMI Jericho 941, no suffix letter, with a slide mounted decocker. It is well-engraved K.B.I. on the right side of the frame, but also has a C.A.I. stenciled import mark on the bottom of the frame. Made in Israel. Why would it be marked by two different importers?
  13. serendipitist

Steel case ammo through a Galil?

I've put over 700 rounds of Wolf steel cased ammo through my Ace with no problems. Flawless.
  14. serendipitist

Do you have guns as tools or as a collection?

Yes, I am a nerd. A gun nerd!
  15. serendipitist

Do you have guns as tools or as a collection?

I put way too much thought into this question one day on a long car trip. Here is my theory: Imagine a Cartesian plane. The x axis measures the degree to which a person believes "guns are tools" and the y axis measure the degree to which a person believes "guns are art, or history, or anything...
  16. serendipitist

Galil Ace 5.56

Here is a range report I wrote for a different forum about the Galil Ace in 7.62X39. Equipment and Conditions: The GAR 1639 has a 16.5-inch barrel and fires 7.62X39 mm ammunition. The Galil was used in a two-day tactical carbine class in a variety of positions and drills from 3 to 150 yards...
  17. serendipitist

Atlantic Firearms McKay UZIs

At the risk of loosing all respect, not the least of which is my own, I have temporarily - and I stress temporarily - used a size M4 70X screw and nut. The Chicago Screw looks interesting. Obviously, I will paint it before I attach permanently. [/IMG]
  18. serendipitist

Review of the Semi-auto UZI from Velocity Firearms

For mine, I bought a Sling Swivel and Sling Swivel Rivet from BWE here: http://bweparts.com/Uzi-Sling-Swivel-UZI-SS.htm http://bweparts.com/Uzi-Sling-Swivel-Rivet-360-Degree-Rotation-IMI-UZI-SS-RVT-IMI360.htm (other types of rivets are available, too). These come in the white and I plan to...
  19. serendipitist

Title II Arms...

Now that's sharp! Love the wood look.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter