Search results

1. R

Can't contact McKay about a repair/return

I got a bolt from McKay that does not function in my Uzi. I have a model A bolt that works just fine, but I wanted the B model w the safety. It picks up rounds and chambers them, but the striker does not hit the primer. Something is clearly wrong with the bolt and/or striker. How can I get in...
  2. R

Type B Bolt Safety is causing some sort of firing malfunction. Anyone else have this?

My Type A bolt works just fine in the gun, the new B bolt from Mckay was supposed to work just as well. Every single shot does not fire and almost every time, like 9/10 tests, there was no primer impact. On the 1 impact, it was such a light strike it was basically not a hit. From what I can...
  3. R

Info on furniture markings and manufacturers?

https://imgur.com/a/F3ABjjo < Image link here To me it looks like my stock is a mix of Type 3 and Type 4 found in the Uzi book. The number carved into it isn't mentioned anywhere though so I was wondering if anyone had more info on that. Similarly, the grips look like Number 5 but lack any...
  4. R

Any experience with wood handguards and carry handles

I see the only people making wood handguards right now are King arms and some other airsoft companies. Same with carrying handles/retainers. Anyone have experience putting them on real guns?
  5. R

Info on stamps and proof marks?

I just got the uzi book and there's no info on stamps or markings! I've got an IDF uzi with the תצ inside an oval and צ in a circle stamps on it. This is clearly the zahal ownership marking. Then an Israeli hi power with a מ stamp inside a circle, and a galil with a ש inside a circle (possible...
  6. R

Has anyone done a reweld before?

I have a cut galil receiver that was done really well, far below the locking lugs. I don't know if I'm able to do a reweld myself so I'm thinking of selling it if such a thing is even possible. Or if someone does rewelds I would certainly pay to have it done
  7. R

Is it possible to make the bolt ratchet work on a semi?

If so how did you do it?
  8. R

Restoring/Preserving Searchlight attachment? w/ pictures

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/j53WCRZ As you can see mine is rusty and flaking paint with rust under the paint. Should I clearcoat it and seal up the rust, remove the rust and probably a lot of the paint, leave it as is? Thoughts, ideas, etc? Am I ruining a potentially collectable piece by...
  9. R

Uzi searchlight battery replacement?

Hello all, I have one of the somewhat rare searchlights and want to try and get it working. I read that you can put PVC pipe inside and use 4 cr123 3v batteries in lieu of the 2 VARTA 3v batteries. Hopefully someone can help me rig this thing up without blowing the bulb out! The bulb is a...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter