Search results

1. D

Anyone else have a can that is mounted by a barrel nut mount? How is your accuracy?

I really like the barrel nut mount system, it's practically ideal. I just get wonky accuracy out of it.
  2. D

Anyone else have a can that is mounted by a barrel nut mount? How is your accuracy?

The barrel inserts into the end of the suppressor, of course, but I don't think it indexes on anything. Bowers uses a multi-mount system where they sell all different kinds of mounts that thread into the end of the suppressor. I would be very surprised if there was some sort of UZI barrel...
  3. D

Bolt wear a problem or not

The looser a gun is, the better it will run dirty. The tighter it is, the better the accuracy. That is the challenge with designing military firearms. People always used to say that WWII 1911s rattled "like a coffee can full of bolts." But they worked when they were literally oozing with...
  4. D

Bolt wear a problem or not

I used to have a MAC10 that I would run until it was literally as hot as a soldering iron. One time I handed it to my brother and he touched the metal and it made one of those nasty whitish-yellow burn marks on his skin. Like a soldering iron would do. That amount of heat would turn Rem Oil...
  5. D

It's not a POI thing. I shoot 5 rounds and three bullets hit the paper and make a 2 or 3 inch group and the other two bullets don't make it onto the paper at all. Almost like the can is vibrating and lightly tapping the occasional bullet. Those 158 wadcutters I loaded were part of my...
  6. D

I have a Bowers CAC9 with the barrel nut mount, and I know a guy who has a can from a different manufacturer with a similar mount. I get mixed results with mine, the accuracy varies a lot from OK to horrible. The other guy just gets horrible accuracy. I kind of suspect that the alignment of...
  7. D

Uzi Pro Mags

I forgot all about the UZI PRO. It's kind of awkward looking.
  8. D

Uzi Extractor

You know that round thing inside your car? It's called a "steering wheel." If you turn it, your car changes direction of travel. No kidding, I wouldn't lie to you. Mods, fear not, we are done here.
  9. D

Uzi Extractor

It would be a waste of your time. We're talking about decades here. If you stuck a new extractor into your bolt, you wouldn't probably see any noteworthy reduction in function for 30 years. Mechanisms are designed to account for the 10% or 15% reduction in spring force that occurs during...
  10. D

Uzi Extractor

I realize that the extractor force is not going to conform to f=kx. But it is a spring in all respects, is it not?
  11. D

Uzi Extractor

Structural and mechanical engineers are experts (hopefully) in a field of study called "mechanics of solids." That's the main applied physics that we use to do our job. That science was pretty sophisticated a long time ago. This conversation we're having could have been had 200 years ago...
  12. D

Uzi Extractor

Of course we're overthinking it. That's what we do. Usually these things are more clear-cut: when you prestress a beam, the concrete beam shortens over time. That’s creep. At the same time, the force in the strands is reduced, independent of the concrete creep. That’s stress relaxation...
  13. D

UZI machined feed ramp installation

you can readily buy a solid steel milled feed ramp that replaces the lame mil-spec sheet metal ramp. pretty straightforward to weld it in that's all the fabrication you need what other "modification" is there?
  14. D

Uzi Pro Mags

considering that the original IMI mags are basically the best mags ever made, what's the appeal? serious question
  15. D

UZI machined feed ramp installation

I have the machined feed ramp and I didn't notice it helping to feed bullets all that much. What really makes a big difference is throating the chamber a little. BIG difference. On my gun anyway.
  16. D

Uzi Extractor

I'm not measuring phalluses, I was just making it known that the subject is not completely alien to me. Nor did I think you were attacking me. Nor am I playing the hero of engineering. Being proved wrong doesn't bother me. And I always give credit where it's due. After all, why not? Why...
  17. D

Uzi Extractor

I am capable of a superhuman feat: I can discuss engineering topics without getting touchy, and admit that I'm wrong when the occasion arises. I'm referred to by the Guinness Book of World Records as "The Astonishing Miracle Man, An Amazingly Impossible Being."
  18. D

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

Looks like I posted the above to the wrong thread. Ain't I the clever one.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter