Search results

1. Hyperion

KGB Sterling MK5 police carbine.

Prototypian inquiry I wonder, as Andy's fame spreads and his mechanical artistry gathers more fans, does his first Mk4 project go up in value? :banana
  2. Hyperion

Piston upper fouling and reliability

Guys, I'm just back from a shoot where I put over 1K rds through a 10" 416 upper. I have shot this same upper before with and without a can. I generally put 1500-2000 rds through it before stopping to clean. I am not a big fan of the "HK, because we hate you" mentality of the mfr, but I will...
  3. Hyperion

C Products stainless mags ?

Not worth anything more than std milspec mags. The type of steel used is not particularly corrosion resistant. It attracts a magnet.
  4. Hyperion

Troubles with new Spikes Tactical ST-22 dedicated upper?

FWIW, I returned my Spike's upper after 3 attempts at correcting a safety issue. I ordered a Model 1 Sales dedicated .22 upper in the same configuration (except has .22 LR barrel and correct twist) and after a few sessions, it now runs 100%. Was much less expensive too.
  5. Hyperion

what have i got?

You might have to zoom out on those pictures a bit so we can see what we're dealing with. The MTY mag is probably a military-issue for the Sterling and preferred over the commercial magazine by US collectors.
  6. Hyperion

CPS Company in SAR to build new L2A3s

Got any pics of your wife's Mk4? Wanna buy some? Wanna repark and crinkle finish it?
  7. Hyperion

Need help on a Sterling build

No difference when buying from DLO. The tube can be made into either a MK4 or MK5.
  8. Hyperion

recoil buffer for the ar15 vs. m16

Tricky buggers when they get shorter than Eugene intended/anticipated...
  9. Hyperion

My NIB Sterling Collection

Backwards.
  10. Hyperion

Best ammo to feed a Sterling MkIV?

You should be GTG with anything except the Remington, like Vegas said. I've run several cases of Federal AE 115gr FMJ without any hiccups.
  11. Hyperion

New member with questions

Ummm, well, you aren't exactly the only one who dropped the big bux. But, take heart, your dollars are only worth about 60 percent what they were just a few years ago.:thinking
  12. Hyperion

Only the "C" students become judges ;) Based upon your excellent idea, I'm going to investigate doing the same thing here. Thank you.
  13. Hyperion

Welcome Conrad101st, We need one more Sterling-toting member of the Bar! Hyperion.
  14. Hyperion

Adams Piston Conversion

FWIW, thought that I would chime in with my limited experience, which is probably a little backwards. I've shot semi with both a stock Colt direct impingment system and the H&K 416 10.5" gas piston system. My experience with FA fire is with the H&K upper only. I estimate that ROF was in the...
  15. Hyperion

Dedicated .22 upper from Spikes Tactical

Angela from Spikes Tactical sent me an email on March 4th: "Hello Gentlemen, I just wanted to give you an update on the auto trip and anti bounce you have on backorder with us. I have been trying for over three months now to get some from Ceiner, then I started even checking with other vendors...
  16. Hyperion

Time to buy a Sterling

droolworthy BTW, L34A1 is in this picture. Where's Waldo?
  17. Hyperion

M16 .22 upper safe?

Vegas, Tripp and MarkV, thank you for your valuable opinions. Based upon that and other's opinions, I'll be requesting the refund and look elsewhere (Model 1) for my rimfire kicks.
  18. Hyperion

M16 .22 upper safe?

Not anymore. Spike's has had the upper (for the third time) since February 12. I can tell you that the extractor relief cut does not reach the circumference of the chamber bore. In fact, there is about a sixteenth of an inch of material remaining between the bore circumference and the...
  19. Hyperion

M16 .22 upper safe?

So, here’s the story: I order up a Spike’s Tactical .22 complete upper for a Colt M16A1. The Spike’s set-up uses a modified Ciener bolt. The complete assembly arrives sans the auto-trip and anti-bounce weight. Reportedly, JAC got wind of Spike’s intention to manufacture their own proprietary...
  20. Hyperion

How to Screw an AR

OH! The Humanity! That's funny stuff.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter