bending firing pins please help

gushti

Hello all, just bought a reising a few months ago. first time out, fired one round and the pin broke. second time out ,shot a full mag then the pin bent and was stuck past the bolt face. third time out , same thing, bent pin. I now own 1 broken pin, 2 bent pins and a gun that doesn't work. Should I throw it in the ocean? I would love to have it work. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks ,
Gushti:wtf

Jeep38

Hi, I bought my Reising last July and almost immediately had the same problem. I too, own one broken and one bent firing pin. Of course I purchased two more from Numrich, and while installing the third, noted that it didn't slide easily into the the bolt. I carefully deburred the interior of the pin shaft in the bolt with a fine rat-tail (round) file (careful not to expand the pin hole in the bolt face), then cleaned the shaft with Hoppe's #9 and a .22 cal brass brush which removed a lot of accumulated crud and old metal filings. Then I polished the firing pin itself with a fine file and emery cloth until it slipped into, and out of, the bolt smoothly. Finally, I installed a new spring pack from Wolf's Gunsprings (install all three primary springs so that the action bar, firing pin and main spring are all at factory specs).

With that done, I took the M50 out and put 700 rounds through it, with only one stoppage which was probably feed related (polished the feed ramp which took care of that too). Pulled the firing pin afterwards and it appears in perfect condition. Don't know if that was the solution or not, but definitely seemed to help.

Nonetheless, I still have a couple of spare firing pins, along with a spare action bar and complete bolt assembly, because, Jeez, you never really know. Good luck!

Mark

gunguy45

I was also thinking that the springs might be weak.
I replaced mine right after I bought my gun. As jeep38 said, checking for "crud' in the bolt isn't a bad idea either.
The only other thing I can think of is if the pins are too long, out of spec.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Send me an email if you want to get in on the group buy on wolff springs.

Jake

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter