Blackthorne Products - NOT A GOOD DEAL!

ooozee

I would have to NOT recommend purchasing items from Blackthorne Products as listed on Gunbroker! I recently purchased an item and to my discovery, the only way to pay the guy is with VISA via the internet. I have had very bad experiences with doing just that, so I decided to call Blackthorne Products for the last 3 weeks at various times...no answer! He sent me an email request for my phone number so we could complete the auction...he never called. Since I am good for my word on items, I bought a Wallmart debit VISA. Next I tried to use his site and follow the directions on how to make payment. What a confusing nightmare! I can't believe how difficult that company makes it to actually BUY something! Anyway, I just emailed him the VISA information, now it is up to them if they want to make the sale or not. If someone else intercepts the email, well then they can buy a case or two of beer on me.

I will not make a purchase from Blackthorne Products in the future and I recommend to the readers to do research before getting suckered into making a purchase from that company as I did. He does not accept USPS Postal Money Orders, he doesn't take any payment but online VISA, his site is way confusing and you CAN NOT EVER talk to him.

You have been warned!

ooozee

Correct Site...

Looks like from his recently highlighted responses that I am not the only one who is having difficulty! Sounds all grand on his website, but on Gunbroker it states VISA, Mastercard, American Express. No problem, but no mention that this has to be done via internet (he only states it on his webpage).

My fault for only reading his conditions on GB and not going further to his website. I am good on my word, so I went ahead and signed up for another debit VISA (Wallmart) with all the fees to satisfy the purchase.

End result, this has been the biggest pain in my arse purchase I have ever made from a seller..bar none!

I would not recommend making a purchase from that company! If I see "Blackthorne Products" I will most certainly steer clear!

You would think a seller would make it easy to make purchases? WOW!

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
I had dealings with them in the past on some sub par quality AR15 parts, Google them or check out the ARF.com crowd for the low down on their crap. They burned me a few years back on some junk Ar15 upper assem. Piss poor Customer Support, if I sold that kind of crap I would not want customers to be able to call me and complain either.

ateamrob

I snagged an AR lower from Blackthorne a couple years ago and the darn specs were not even close. I ended up having to have it sent out to have the holes re aligned and I ended up just using it for my .22 kit and scrapped the idea of using it for my .223 upper and bought a Bushy instead.

I would not buy any more of their stuff. Out of spec and not real good quality.

Rob

mongo308

I believe that they are the same company as Hesse and Vulcan. Both of these outfits had poor reputations as I remember.

Charlie

bigj480

UZI Talk Life Member
I have purchased from them a few times with no problem, but as a person going through ID theft issues at the moment, I think you are making the right choice in regards to sending CC info via email. Some banks will issue a single use CC that works great for such a situation.

wusteadler

Uhm, that's odd. I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I bought a scope mount for my Galil, and a week or so later my checking account was cleaned out. I had my suspicions, but no way to tell. To bad, I wanted a few 25rd mags.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter