Botach Blows!

javelinadave

UZI Talk Supporter
December 18th I ordered five Glock 17 mags from them. They said they were in stock or I would have ordered them from somewhere else.
I got this email on December 24th:
Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that we are completely sold out of Glock magazines.

We are expecting shipments to arrive at regular intervals and orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.

Currently your order has been placed on our back order list and you will not be charged until it ships out.

Kindly advise if you choose to be kept on this list or cancel your order.

Be advised that if you choose to cancel your order, you will lose your place in line.

(P.S-We highly recommend that you join our mailing list, facebook and twitter for any updates regarding your order.)

Thank you for your loyalty with us as we appreciate your business.

Regards,

Botach Tactical

Screw them and anybody who tries to defend their BS business practices.
Don't sell stuff you don't have to sell. It's a simple, honest business practice that they have no concept of.

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
Theres a million of these threads out there. That sucks man, they make a habit of doing that kind of stuff to people.

javelinadave

UZI Talk Supporter
I've ordered a shirt from them from their ebay store and it showed in 2 days

Do you see the proposed AWB including the shirts you ordered?:rolleyes
I am a competitive shooter and need hicap magazines for the division that I shoot in. I can wear pretty much any shirt I want.

Last edited:

jurist

I know there have been complaints about Botach in years past. That said I've had good experiences with them in the past with one exception. No one that buys from them does so because of their reputation they buy from them because their prices are only slightly above dealer pricing and sometimes are lower than dealer pricing.

In this case Botach is not in the wrong and they have given you the opportunity to get what was ordered at the same price and haven't charged you. That's honorable. I am about to begin employment at another firearms manufacturer. To put the gun run into perspective, their website, had 130,000,000 unique hits in the past seven days and have a backlog of 1700 orders that have yet to be filled, but will be filled and there are only seven employees to fill orders. I don't know Botach's details but I suspect they had even more hits and and incredible number of orders.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Mixed results, but ordering from the ebay store is ripping fast. On the whole, I'm happy with the purchases I've made from Botach.

Jake

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
with current events what they are, I could see the inventory system lagging behind the orders coming in. it's not an excuse, but I could see that happening.

AZ Doug

UZI Talk Life Member
Overall I have had good service from them for many years. A few years ago they did the same thing to me with S&W M&P handgun mags. When I ordered I could not afford all the mags I really wanted. When they finally got the mags in, a few months later, they called me and allowed me to increase my order at the sale price. It worked out for me, but with a pending ban who knows what will happen.

javelinadave

UZI Talk Supporter
In this case Botach is not in the wrong and they have given you the opportunity to get what was ordered at the same price and haven't charged you. That's honorable. I am about to begin employment at another firearms manufacturer. To put the gun run into perspective, their website, had 130,000,000 unique hits in the past seven days and have a backlog of 1700 orders that have yet to be filled, but will be filled and there are only seven employees to fill orders. I don't know Botach's details but I suspect they had even more hits and and incredible number of orders.

You are right. I'm going to start selling stuff that I don't have in stock and it's ok because I won't charge anybodies credit card.
This sounds like a very sound business practice that will bring me back customers for many years.
It worked for Obama with his "Hope & Dream" campaign, it should work for me too.
GMAFB!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter