Congrats to Cheaper Than Dirt and Smith & Wesson M29 Classic

Graf von Spee

Banned
Absolutely thrilled with my new M29 classic 6.5 inch barrel Smith and Wesson, purchased from Cheaper Than Dirt. At the time I placed the order the guy on the phone said there was no cleaning brush, no rod, and no presentation case, but when the order came in at the FFL I noticed there were two boxes bundled together, one was a plastic shipping/carry case and another was a long cardboard box marked "M29 MAHOG" which clearly meant some sort of wooden box/case for a model 29.

Sure enough, when I opened it up, it was a presentation case!

I am guessing the guy wasn't sure and didn't want to say "yes it comes with it" in the event it didn't come with it... At any rate, it doesn't matter, since I wasn't expecting the case or the cleaning brush/rod, and the fact they are there is an added bonus.

I immediately went to the range attached to the store (this gun store has a range) and fired off some rounds.

The Model 29 is quite a champ, at 75 feet I put 3 rounds in the X of the B-27 man sized standard police target. The three hits are somewhat overlapping, very spot on.

The recoil is manageable and the weapon handles very well.

I am very pleased with Cheaper Than Dirt for their very fair shipping of a mere $10 dollars, the agreeable price on the revolver (about $100 less than the next lowest price online), and the fact that it ultimately did come with the presentation case and the brush.

I am very pleased!

Graf von Spee

Banned
My apologies, threads can be worthless without pictures... So here goes!

Note that I wrote "70 feet" on the target because I thought it was 70 feet, but I asked the range-master and he said it was 75 feet.

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

The first three shots basically speak for themselves, the fourth shot was due to an error on the part of the shooter (as in I flinched/jerked).

IMG_1441.jpg

Last edited:

ZMan941

That is a great looking revolver and it's a great bonus you even got that nice case for it as well.
Good to know CTD is a good place, as their pricing is good on alot of the stuff I am looking at. Next firearm of mine (I'm considering a .44 or .357 revolver) may come from them if my local gun shop doesn't stock it.

2Munkeez

The model 29 is an amazing gun. I used to have one, with the 8 3/8" barrel, and from a rest I could shoot it out to 100yd. This thread makes me miss that gun :(

TitleIIArms

UZI Talk Supporter
Love those things. This exact model was my first new gun ever I purchased while stationed in Zaragoza, Spain in 1977. We had a Rod and Gun club at this AF base and I just had to have it after Dirty Harry :) I paid about 300.00 for it then. Still have the case in the shop (with a timing light in it). Had to sell the gun before leaving for the States though... Enjoy.

insider

UZI Talk Supporter
You gotta love those big magnums, I have one in stainless, it just don't get any better than that! Dirty Harry is the Man!

Graf von Spee

Banned
I am probably going to take her deer hunting at some point before the year is over. Assuming I get a chance to go, I'll let everybody know how things work out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter