FIRE POWER MAGAZINE STEN MKII to 45ACP CONVERSION?

Armilite

Many Years ago, 20+ there was a Magazine called FirePower, now gone, that did a good article on converting a Sten MKII to 45ACP.

Basically, they used an M3 Grease Gun Magazine, made a New Barrel in 45ACP, opened the Bolt Face for the 45ACP Rim, and moved the Extractor Outward, and made a New Mag Housing!

Has anyone that Article, and has anyone ever done the Conversion? Any other Caliber Conversions 40 S&W, 10mm, .357 Sig, 5.7x28mm, etc?

With 3D Printers fairly cheap today, maybe a better Mag Foller could be designed for the Sten Mags to use .45ACP would maybe simplify the process.

Attachments

• 9mm.jpg
    9mm.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 380ACP vs 9mm vs 45ACP.jpg
    380ACP vs 9mm vs 45ACP.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 90

slimshady

Way back in the day a guy brought in a MKII bbl and asked it to be reamed out to .38 Super. He reported the ROF went way up and he had to handload the rounds slightly short to fit the stock mag, but it worked. I doubt .45ACP would fit (lengthwise) in a stock mag.

BTW, used to buy every Firepower mag I saw, they had step by step FA conversion articles I was saving up for when I was old enough to file a stack of Form 1s. I turned 21 in '87... :bang

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter