Galil folding stock

Old&knackered

Hi all,

My Galil sar has a pretty floppy stock so I need a replacement spring to correct this but have heard it's not an easy thing to replace so i'd like some advice on how to get it done...

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I believe there are "cup" washers in there as well, don't lose them, they are unobtanium.

timkel

Hi all,

My Galil sar has a pretty floppy stock so I need a replacement spring to correct this but have heard it's not an easy thing to replace so i'd like some advice on how to get it done...

I had a similar problem. But I found a stiffer spring to eliminated the wobble.

dubagel

Is it sloppy/wobbling when it’s fully extended? The new spring will help. Also the locking wedge gets warn. That’s why when I deploy it from the folded position to extended I actually push down on the stock a bit instead of just pulling it to extend it.

APEXgunparts

gekishibu86

I haven’t seen the knuckle part get sloppy but where the stock meets the stock knuckle is where I see movement. The stock is made of aluminum tubing which is a lot softer than steel and that is where wear usually occurs. If you need to replace the spring, Mullicrk made a simple device that I copied and it kinda looks like this.
https://ibb.co/2j7sRrx

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I haven’t seen the knuckle part get sloppy but where the stock meets the stock knuckle is where I see movement. The stock is made of aluminum tubing which is a lot softer than steel and that is where wear usually occurs. If you need to replace the spring, Mullicrk made a simple device that I copied and it kinda looks like this.
https://ibb.co/2j7sRrx

That's pretty slick!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter