HighTowerArmory HTA 90/22 Bullpup stock for 10/22!

charlie0369

Here's something I'm working on currently. So far the HTA 90/22 stock fits, feels awesome. Gonna get some range time in with the gun and do a torture test with the craftsmanship of bullpup stock. Main concern was with the temperature of the integrall suppressed barrel and how the polymer will hold up with heat generated.. Thanks to Andy@HighTowerArmory for getting this stock to me quickly.

Host Weapon: July 94' Norrell full auto 10/22
Green Mountain .920" 14" Integrally suppressed bull barrel by STW Inc. Monocore stainless baffle stack. Stack is 8" and barrel is just under 6"

Here are some points this stock gets:
-The charging handle tube will feel like it is going to scratch the bull barrel upon installation, but once it's installed the parts fit perfectly and my stainless barrel has no scratches (auluminum might get scratch during installation if you're totally carelss), but not once it's fitted inside everything moves without any rubbing etc. So bullbarrels are not a problem at all.
-Trigger bar is solid metal and not as "spongy" as I thought it would be, There's adjustments to take up travel (between bar and trigger) in case you install aftermarket trigger.
-Top rail with optic mounted DOESN'T need to be removed to disassemble the stock; Which with full auto I'll be doing a lot of cleaning! The top rail is aluminum injected into the left half, NO REZERO
-The faux magazine looks really nice replica especially with some spare .22 rounds inside.
-Internally there's a secured block to use your factory tightening screw to keep the receiver tight and secure to the stock much like factory stock
-The weight of the gun is nice distributed. Mine with the stainless barrel is not as heavy since it's been bored out and the baffle is light weight stainless. You can adjust the weight simply by adding/removing ammo from the faux magazine.
-Tripple safety, ustilizes factory safety, manual safety below trigger, and built in trigger rocker safety
-Stock feels just like a ps90.
-Most importantly it looks just like a ps90 if that's what you're going for.
-Take's me approximately two minutes to get the stock/receiver apart

Standard add ons is a must IMHO
-You'll want and extended mag release to make removal of mag easier (I used a Christie's ext release lever from Rimfirecentral)
-Autobolt release
-Standard bolt polymer buffer

More details to come with HD VIDs and Pics.(sorry for crappy pics now as I was in a rush to slap this together.
Once I get the torture test done, I'll have the stock custom cerakoted or hydrodipped AFTER. Just in case I melt the stock with some mag dumps.

I was going to do a complete review of components/installation but THEROOKVOICE on youtube (stock tester) did an outstanding job so I'm just gonna go play instead.

If you have questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

IMG_1907_zpsa8d5a4e1.jpg

IMG_1904_zpsb65c9b85.jpg

IMG_0578_zpsa8ef69f5.jpg

IMG_0580_zps4290ec0f.jpg

Last edited:

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
Very cool. I look forward to seeing some video of it going full-auto with the trigger pack.

charlie0369

Well, couple of buddies and I got out to shoot off this stock today. Here's just the vids of the 90/22 stock in action. Gotta say it's a definite keeper. I want to be able to use 50rd drums but, I'd give up that option and just keep a few extra bx-25's around (Like 10-15). This setup is nice and compact. Very easy to shoot (3rd burst was hard enough with stock trigger configuration). We were also playing with the mp5 and m11/22 as well today, but mainly this is for the review of the HTA stock. Very pleased customer!

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Man, if there were a way to get that slowed down just a tad, it would be perfect.

charlie0369

To bad we're not in the same city! I'd have you do something special to feed it with an AMD drum! Lmao! Someone sure needs to get on the ball with one for the 10/22 AND bullpup! Yeah I guess I could go get a heavier anti-bounce block on the bolt. What's heavier than steel?

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
It's the darn Ruger feed lip/bolt feed design. Yeah, it's probably 100% reliable, but it's difficult to modify them.

Tungsten is your friend, but I'm sure someone has tried it already. Like most things, the mods that work, stick around. Those that don't become one-offs. Of course there's always milling out the rear of the receiver to gain a little bit of stroke along with W inserts...

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Excellent review.

Man I would like to cram a Max-11 into one of those HTA stocks. It's giving me ideas for my Stemple project.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter