HK question....

compuvette

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys, I purchased a Special Weapons SW5 to use as a host gun for my Flemming sear that came in my MP5K-PDW (wanted a full-size MP5....). I am planning on SBR-ing it and would like to put a real MP5 barrel with a three-lug on it. Does ATF consider a three-lug a "threaded" barrel? I just want to be legal when I put the sear and pack back in the "K". I would not put a can on it unless the sear was in the gun as a suppressor is a "flash suppressor". Thanks!

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
This has come up before and IIRC was not decided. Normally, one would defer to the atf tech branch. Unfortunately, that just gives them an excuse to bone everyone else who has done this.

If the AWB expires, the US made SW gun can have all kinds of cool stuff on the business end. Maybe waiting is the way to go.

BTW, what was the answer on the PDW 3 lug?:
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=20347#post20347

compuvette

UZI Talk Supporter
After talking to Todd at Ohio Rapidfire I believe the thread protector is smooth. Not 100% though. Thanks for the input on the twist-lock. Not sure what I will do.

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
compuvette said:
Guys, I purchased a Special Weapons SW5 to use as a host gun for my Flemming sear that came in my MP5K-PDW (wanted a full-size MP5....). I am planning on SBR-ing it and would like to put a real MP5 barrel with a three-lug on it. Does ATF consider a three-lug a "threaded" barrel? I just want to be legal when I put the sear and pack back in the "K". I would not put a can on it unless the sear was in the gun as a suppressor is a "flash suppressor". Thanks!

No, the three lug is not threads. Lots of folks have SBR the SW5-FS, as it has a three-lug under the fake suppressor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter