Just Purchased a MK Arms MK760

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought a nice MK 760 made by MK Arms. I shot it before purchasing and it works great. I was wondering what are some things to look out for? Anything that I should upgrade or replace?

Thanks
Jon

Strangeranger

True for all 76s, original and clones
1) get a spare extractor, spring and pin, failure is a matter of when not if
2) get a spare trigger bar and rivet, same reason.
3) a recoil spring and guide, not as guaranteed as the above but "just in case."

Strangeranger

Not since Scott Andrey has apparently folded up his shop
Possibly Numrich but that's always a crap shoot
Otherwise, make friends with a local machine shop

damp5

Make sure the bolt handle is for SMG and not Semi. That was my problem

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
BWE has some of the parts mentioned is there any other source?

Jason at Indianapolis ordnance makes a lot of one offs. He’s made several things for me. I believe he quoted me like $380 for a Mk760 bolt once, few years back but he makes amazing stuff. They just need an original or prints. FYI, ymmv

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I am excited on how smooth this shoots! It's pretty simple but fairly accurate. The one real concern is the trigger system. Is there a way to repair/replace it? Mine is revetted together. I guess this is normal. Not very user serviceable.

Strangeranger

You can replace the rivet holds the trigger assembly in the receiver with a machined pin and a retaining ring. Burgess made his guns that way. However the diameter of the pin is critical; it must be a very close running fit in the trigger. If it is too loose, the resulting sloppy trigger may accelerate wear on the trigger bar.

The riveted trigger bar is the Achilles' heel of the 76. For reasons known only to S&W they chose to make it out of 3 pieces of relatively soft cold-rolled steel riveted together rather than machining it out of a single piece of heat-treated alloy. When it fails, and it will, it is easily repaired by welding up the tip, machining it square and case hardening it. The repaired part will be substantially more durable than the original.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
I am excited on how smooth this shoots! It's pretty simple but fairly accurate. The one real concern is the trigger system. Is there a way to repair/replace it? Mine is revetted together. I guess this is normal. Not very user serviceable.

I love my MK760. It was an unplanned purchase but I am damn glad I bit the bullet. She looks like shit but shoots great.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter