Leatherwood art M-1000 scope feedback

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
Has anyone tried this scope for long distance shooting? Been reading some feedback, seems the US Army uses this at their sniper school....Any good?

Jim

snipertn

Jim, The Leatherwood Art scope was what the USMC started using on their M 24/M 14 sniper rifles if I remember correctly. I have a friend that has a orig. Leatherwood scope on his M1A. I have shot his rifle out to 800 yards and found it to be a very good scope. I think it was shortly after Viet Nam when the Corps changed to the straight 10 X Unertal scope. I dont know what the Corps is using now. I know that the 10 X Unertal is a very hard scope to get ahold of.

Hope this helps,
snipertn

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
After some serious research and responses from members here and a couple other gun sites, I have settled for a Vortex Viper HS-4-16x44 scope. The Leatherwood had mixed reviews and is, after all made in China so the quality can't be that good let alone stand up to the repeated pounding of a 300 Win Mag.

Jim

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter