Mk760 inbound, what spare parts?

rssc

I have an mk760 inbound. I know some parts are unobtanum but it seems like there are others that are available. I've seen BWE's parts page. What spare parts should I pick up to have on hand ?

Strangeranger

Recoil spring as a service part, they don't break but just like any SMG they have a service life
Extractor and extractor spring
A trigger bar, the tip of the laminated 3 piece POS rounds off and the gun goes to semi-auto only. You can fix it by building it up with weld, case hardening it and grinding it square but you really want a spare

rssc

Recoil spring as a service part, they don't break but just like any SMG they have a service life
Extractor and extractor spring
A trigger bar, the tip of the laminated 3 piece POS rounds off and the gun goes to semi-auto only. You can fix it by building it up with weld, case hardening it and grinding it square but you really want a spare

Hello. Thank for the reply. I don't think anyone is currently offering the trigger bars for purchase. Does anyone know of a place to buy them?

Strangeranger

That part wasn't on BWE's radar the last time I asked; too many other projects and too much work required to make and verify a bulletproof (pun intended) design
Board member "Deuce" made his own a while back. I don't know if he's interested in making more.
I measured mine and made a preliminary drawing but I'm waiting on a machinist friend to verify my measurements before I proceed.

rssc

Thanks for the info. Seems like there is definitely a demand for new production trigger bars. Hope someone decides to make them.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Parts are hard to come by but it sounds like BWE is on the mend, so more parts might become available.

1) Extractor is prone to failure on these guns...
https://bwefirearms.com/product/76-760-smg-extractor/
2) Next part I'd get is a barrel nut/shroud catch or latch (a lot of folks wear these down because they don't depress the latch when the nut/shroud is removed)...
http://www.samachine.com/sw76.html
Note: I'd only buy from samachine if I knew the part was in stock and could be shipped.
3) Lots of mags (suomi stick mags are easily converted)
4) main recoil spring...
https://bwefirearms.com/product/76-760-recoil-spring/

Really, though, I'd buy and use (to replace the factory parts) all the spare parts I could get my hands on. I bought a bunch of spares back in the day and sold them for a profit. I wish I would have bought more (complete lowers, polymer grips, stocks) parts as they are unavailable now.

Strangeranger

FWIW when the engagement corner on mine went round, John Andrewski repaired it very quickly.
He's fixed a lot of them

rssc

Thanks for all the great info guys. I have had an order in with BWE for a few months for some of the parts. I understand he has had health issues but it sounds like he will be back soon. I hope so. I've tried calling and emailing Andrey leaving a bunch of messages without any luck. Its a shame as he has a lot of stuff listed that interests me and BWE does not currently offer.

Strangeranger

Scott Andrey has not responded to mail, email or phone calls in many months. We can safely assume he is no longer in business. Just be thankful that he left the web site up. There is a wealth of information there aside from some really juicy parts

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter