My new Lanchester

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Figured id share this as they are pretty rare. Its a tube gun(not a real one). very nice shape, has a mp28 trigger group and bolt. runs perfectly(smooth). ROF is ideal to me. only neg is the rear sight is very small for old eyes. Video is me testing it. im fast fingering it trying to induce a jam for a good test.

OCqFKtx.jpg

7tnyJdo.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB01p2UCUkk&feature=youtu.be

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I like it!

When I was younger, I didn't fully appreciate the beauty of Blued Steel and Wood, but now I honestly prefer it (although I've never met a gun I didn't like!)

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
New transfer in prison, or did you get stamped? That’s very nice, I’ve been looking for one of these. Frank had one with beautiful wood recently but asked too much. I love my MP34- it shoots incredibly straight!!

Never mind, saw the video. Yes- perfect ROF. The WW1 museum I volunteer at has an MP18 & snail drum. Makes a beautiful sound!

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Stamp. Got a bunch of stamps in. Going through And testing them all

I got a decent deal for what it is. Probably $5,000/$6000 less than a real one

If I had a reddot on it I’d love it. As is with the rear sight I probably can’t hit sh@t unless it’s bright daylight.

It’s got a very unique feel and sound. You can hear it in the video. Looooong tube. It lopes along.

If it had a vertical front grip I could write my name in bullets.

I’d definitely recommend one if you found a good deal

I’m gonna PM you— my mp30 is coming Saturday. Love to show me yours and I’ll show you mine

APEXgunparts

I had wondered if anyone had purchased that Lanchester with the MP-28 fire control group grafted onto it.
A friend of mine looked at that gun pretty hard before deciding to pass on the purchase.
I think it was the mix of assemblies that just didn't appeal to him.
However, I might send him that YouTube video and see what he thinks now.

My Lanchester is just a regular issue piece.
Classic Royal Navy gun metal, steel and wood.

Richard

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Not something you see very often - Pretty cool

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Mine isn’t that Lanchester you saw on GB

Mine was never offered on the open market but did come from the same collection and seller.

That one on GB was too ugly for me.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice looking Lanchester.

I see a small cutout for the MP28 select-fire button. So, I am guessing it has the tripping lever and can be selected to semi-auto?

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Nice looking Lanchester.

I see a small cutout for the MP28 select-fire button. So, I am guessing it has the tripping lever and can be selected to semi-auto?

yes it does, but I removed the semi trip (it was not dropping enough and would occasionally lock the bolt up)...solution- remove it as you can easily shoot singles anyways.

the trigger group doesn't line up perfect with the semi or full auto levers that work the sear/trip. someone welded a dog leg onto each of them (rather than properly aligning them to begin with).

the gun appears to have a very professional bluing job, but there are a few things about it that are probably a lower/middle end gunsmith build. it is not a collector piece....its much nicer than 90% of the tube build lanchesters...it doesn't have a sten slot and bolt...no big gap around the mag well housing. at a glance it looks very good...but they used hex bolts to screw in the sights and other parts...its more like a nice kit gun than a gun pretending to be perfectly original.

good news on the mp28 parts---they are more plentiful and cheaper than lanchester parts....so for a shooter its just fine to me.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
yes it does, but I removed the semi trip (it was not dropping enough and would occasionally lock the bolt up)...solution- remove it as you can easily shoot singles anyways.

Interesting. The British weren’t able to get it to work reliably and ended up doing the same thing (deleting the tripping lever etc).

I bought a very nice one from a member here a while back. It’s a real gentleman’s gun. Nice and easy to handle. We’ve enjoyed it a lot.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
If it had a rear peep sight or if my eyes were younger it would be A great shooter

Maybe I’ll take some hoseclamps and strap a red dot on it. Trigger is great. I think I could blast targets great w it then

It would be a perfect gun to start a beginner on

I was iffy on whether I should have bought it. I’m very happy to own it now. It’s a great addition to my collection. It shoots different than my other guns. The sound is even unique - not sure why- next time i shoot it I’ll have a 2 foot bayonet and a 50 rounder on it . Guns size is cartoonish to me. Bulky for no reason. Good for smashing Nazi skulls I guess

Last edited:

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Good for smashing Nazi skulls I guess[/QUOTE said:
That is a pretty distasteful comment that gives gun enthusiasts a bad name. What were you thinking?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter