My "new" Sig P228

jt325i

Didn't realize it was DAO but that'll be ok for me. I can convert it later if I want to DA/SA. It is a former cop gun. Came with 1 hi-cap mag which is in excellent shape. The slide is worn & the Trijicon's seem about dead. It is a KA date code which is 1990 if I remember correctly. Formerly carried by officer F. (I'm guessing Frank) Albarella. (Had his name written on the top of the box)

*edit* updated pictures, see next post.

I will eventually send the slide back to be refinished & have new sights installed then. Any suggestions on the type of finish I should have done on it? I didn't see any real damage to the metal so that is good news. There are a couple small spots on the frame though where the black is worn. Is there some sort of touch-up you recommend to minimize these shiny spots? One last question.... where can I get black hex screws for the grips at a reasonable price? (Don't say Hogue, they charge $8.50 EACH and you need 4 of them - ouch!)

Last edited:

jt325i

Well I found somebody on Sigforum.com who traded me parts (my DAO stuff for his DA/SA) so I could do the conversion. I detailed stripped the gun, installed the parts, had Trijicon replace the night sight lamps ($58), got new Hogue grips & hex screws. Much better now. :D

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter