My suppressor ships out tomorrow!

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
Dealer to dealer x-fer from Sunset Weapons Systems for my Coastal UZI can got approved a couple weeks ago, and is headed out to my dealer tomorrow. Sunset apologized for the wait, and said that they were extremely busy because of the SAR show which caused the hold up. I told them no sweat, that I was happy to get the deal that I did ($100 delivered), and wasn't in a huge hurry.

What a shame, now I have to buy at least 1k rounds of subsonic...I feel so sorry for myself! :angel3 :uzi

Last edited:

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of ammo are you going to get? 1000 rounds won't last very long!

Gun Shot

Good question! Right now I'm stuck between choosing either Special K or the FNM from Cole Dist...I really need to read some more feedback from people who have purchased the FNM, since so far I have heard only a few mixed results...

Although I am open to any suggestions :) .

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Good news, Gun Shot!.

This weekend I got to shoot a new Raptor and Vortex-9 with a SOT friend.

I know there is lots of good 9mm subsonic out there, but I still like making and shooting my own. I'm very happy with the recipe I got from another member (3.6 Bullseye behind a 147 grn RN). It is incredibly clean.

For me, reloading is therapeutic. When I get stressed out from a long day at work, I like coming home, clicking on the radio and reloading a few hundred rounds on the progressive press. It's a nice way to unwind.

Now that you have your Vector, we'll have to go shooting some time.

Gun Shot

Agreed MF, that would be great.

I also found some interesting info about both local public ranges here on my side of town, ie. The Shootist, and The Firing Line.

My girlfriend and I have been thinking about getting a membership somewhere that doesn't mind full auto weapons. I had been putting it off because I didn't think either one of the local public ranges would be cool with it. As it turns out, both allow full auto fire (with some minor conditions).

We visited the less desireable of the two, in my opinion, first. When I asked the two ladies behind the counter, at first they were very hesitant. The younger one was saying that she new they used to allow it, but wasn't sure if they still did or not, and that I would have to ask one of the range officers down stairs. They tossed me some hearing protection, and I went downstairs to talk with the R.O., and as soon as I asked him if pistol caliber F/A was allowed, he immediately nodded, and said that I would have to call them first before heading out, because if there are a lot of people on the range then I wouldn't be allowed to fire F/A, and regardless I would have to be in lane #1. Those were the only two restrictions. The year membership price was $100, but you still had to pay $5 dollars each visit and buy your ammo there (you get $1 off ammo). The place is very run down, and I just can't justify paying that much for such a crap hole and ladies up front working the desk who could give me trouble in the future.

Next, we visited The Firing Line, which is just about 10 minutes away from my place. I walked in and talked to Chad, and when I asked him about firing pistol caliber full auto he immediately said yes, not a problem. He said generally he likes to keep an open lane between the full auto fellas and the other people on the line, which sounded really nice to me (gotta love more space!). He also jokingly said I'd have to let him do a mag dump, with a big grin on his face from ear to ear. I agreed! He was a very nice fella (I've been there quite a bit), and their range is much cleaner and well taken care of than The Shootist. A one year membership is $165, and you pay only $3 per visit (Monday night is ladies night, and ladies shoot for free). You do not have to buy your ammo there.

So, with that being said, I think sometime this week I'm going to pay the $165 and get a year membership at The Firing Line. It's a good little place to have a membership until a spot at one of the private local ranges becomes available (2 year waiting lists suck). Thought you might like the info incase you're on this side of town and don't want to drive into the mountains to shoot F/A, because it's definitely a little nippy this time of year!

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Nippy is the word. I was at Clear Creek last week. At least they have "huts" you can shoot from.

I've also shot FA at Silver Bullet (35th & Harlan) after passing the owner's "flake" test, but that place is a crap hole IMO. They're on their third owner and have done little to modernize the range proper. Only 5 lanes and one is perpetually broken. The ventillation sucks and I always wish I had brought a mask.

Good news on the Firing Line. I've never been there but sounds like a nice place. I'm kinda booked til Christmas, but PM me if you're headed over there afterwards and I'll stop by. I'll bring my Vector and MP5 ;). I'll PM you with my contact info.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Congrats on the local indoor range. There were 2 indoors around here. One is about 1/2 hour away, run down and I don't know if it allows full auto and the other is about an hour away and it closed a while back. That is all I know of at all.

The is an outdoor police range I go to. 2 minutes away and they are always talking about closing it to the public. $80 a year including key. To bad the cops are shooting up everything on the ground, and blaming it on the associate members. And that I know for sure!!!

Gun Shot

MF, thanks for the contact info. I'm booked well through Christmas and the new year as well, but we will have to get together sometime to throw some brass downrange!

Brian Ski, man, sorry to hear about your options. Hopefully they won't close down your spot to the public. Quality places are few and far between, but ANY option besides outdoor private land is becoming hard to find. I definitely feel very lucky to have found a semi-decent spot only 10 minutes away.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter