Need front/rear sight help: STG kit with Imbel para barrel

cookie

Founder
Add me to the list of guys frustrated with trying to sight in their FrankenFAL. I have an excellent STG kit built on a Coonan receiver, with a brand new Imbel 17.375" para barrel (closed ears, from The Dealer's Warehouse).

I'm using both sights that came from the STG.

While trying to sight it in, I found that I had to move the rear sight all the way up to "5" to zero it. This is even if I bottom out the front sight (two dot model).

I don't like the idea of filing/Dremeling the front sight, as my eyes like a nice post. I know lots of guys have seen this issue before. Obviously I need a taller rear sight, so I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly which to order.

Thanks!

Cookie, measure that gas block, there are some taller closed ear blocks out there (same height as the open ear)

To fix the problem you likely only need to change the rear sight to an L1A1 rear.
Order the L1A1 (flip) rear and a 4 dot front (just in case)
If you don't need the four dot, hock it on the files ;)

Richard Cranium

I've seen this problem before with shorter then standard barrel lengths. You either need to file the front sight, or buy a para rear sight or Holland rear from DSA.

Tucson Dick

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter