New KAK Short BBL and Shroud

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Barrels_50__03228.1706577626.png

I saw this on Reddit...https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/1adb02h/for_the_sw76_guys/?share_id=l7T5QJtgIZYvo76L7w1AG&utm_content=1&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=10
Currently in production.
Also shown on their website...https://kakindustry.com/other-gun-parts/smith-and-wesson-m76/

The base of the shroud looks like it's set up for the old style shroud latch used on my tool room gun, though.

Marcus99

Yea it does seem as though the base of the shroud is smooth. Very unfortunate if they produced all of those based on a toolroom example. Probably isn’t too hard to put serrations on the base however, by hand or CNC. If so I’d probably pick up a shroud + short threaded barrel to augment my existing short setup:

Gejxr47.jpeg

"Q"

KAK posted this video today. Yes, the base of the shroud is smooth. The barrel and shroud have an excellent fit and finish. Their newest batches of barrels, both 9" and 5" have a good feed cone for the chamber. KAK has been excellent with communication and customer service. They seem to be receptive of input on their designs and perhaps they would be open to serrations on the shroud base for the other style of latch.
I hope this is helpful.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member

KAK posted this video today. Yes, the base of the shroud is smooth. The barrel and shroud have an excellent fit and finish. Their newest batches of barrels, both 9" and 5" have a good feed cone for the chamber. KAK has been excellent with communication and customer service. They seem to be receptive of input on their designs and perhaps they would be open to serrations on the shroud base for the other style of latch.
I hope this is helpful.
Thanks for posting the video.
I can’t believe I’m going saying this but for some reason, KAK’s short shroud with barrel just doesn’t look right to me on the 76. This is something I always wanted too.

Regardless, it’s awesome that KAK is making new and fairly cheap for parts the 76’s and the Sten’s.

"Q"

Just wanted to let everyone know that KAK responded to my email that they are already producing a short shroud with the rear serrations. It shows up on their site, but is out of stock. He said that they are heading out for heat treat mid week and they will be about 2 weeks away from having them ready to sell. You can sign up to receive an email notification when they are in stock.

Short Shroud with Rear Serrations

I guess I should have looked at their website before I emailed and I could have answered my own question.

Last edited:
Kurt sent me a test shroud with the serrations on the base of the shroud to fit my M76. Perfect fit! They are now in production for M76 (non tool room) versions of the weapon. Fantastic customer service on the part of KAK!

Reactions: "Q"

Kramer

Kurt sent me a test shroud with the serrations on the base of the shroud to fit my M76. Perfect fit! They are now in production for M76 (non tool room) versions of the weapon. Fantastic customer service on the part of KAK!
They will not work with the tool room guns?

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
The smooth bottom shroud works with the tool room version
Actually, the bottom shouldn't matter with the tool room guns. What the latch needs on the tool room guns (at least the tool room gun I had) need is the serrations like in the picture below.

5oHGNut.png

Actually, the bottom shouldn't matter with the tool room guns. What the latch needs on the tool room guns (at least the tool room gun I had) need is the serrations like in the picture below.

5oHGNut.png
Yep that's where the tool room version has the ratchet arm

Smooth bottom actually better for those (tool room) weapons no serrations to mar the face of the weapon

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter