Obligatory STEN photo thread

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I would love to see everyone's STEN's. Make, model, configuration.

Mine is a Jonathan Arthur Ciener STEN Mk. II that was converted to the Mk. V configuration by John Andrewski. I don't know how many STEN's Ciener made, but I don't encounter them very often. Mine is a three digit ( if you count the 0) serial number, as is a friend's.

https://imgur.com/a/YG9znSN

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
I would love to see everyone's STEN's. Make, model, configuration.

Mine is a Jonathan Arthur Ciener STEN Mk. II that was converted to the Mk. V configuration by John Andrewski. I don't know how many STEN's Ciener made, but I don't encounter them very often. Mine is a three digit ( if you count the 0) serial number, as is a friend's.

Beautiful...nice, clean, (re)build of a STEN Mk 5. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. Most STEN builders took the easy way around and cut off the back of the registered tube, where the end cap slots are...butted and welded the registered tube end at the receiver ring. You can spot these type of builds a mile away with all the sloppy weld-work where the tube joins the ring. Your builder did it the right way and removed the old tube remnant from the receiver ring and inserted the complete intact registered tube into the receiver ring and welded the registered tube where it was supposed to have welds. You have a very curious charging handle...one that I don't think I've ever seen.

Here's one of my Mk 5's...an Erb tube. You'll note the grip looks a little different...it's a walnut grip for an AR15. I had a guy make a couple STEN Mk 5-AR15 grip adapters for me many years ago. It's not original, but it looks much better to my eye in contrast to most Mk 5 grips where the "side panels" have broken off -or- removed...leaving that scalloped look at the top/rear of the grip.

Z6hV3fD.jpg

ytIrwAQ.jpg

Last edited:

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Nice Mk.5! Andrewski definitely knows what he is doing. You often see parts kits that still have about 1/8 in. of receiver still welded to the rear trunnion. If you're lucky it will be "saw cut"!

That grip looks great; far more ergonomic than the original grips. My STEN runs without a hitch and will process anything I feed it.

The cocking handle is a Finnish specimen. I have two, but one is very cheap and now has broken safety shank at the end. I believe it was an Indian copy of the Finnish design. At some point when Finland acquired a number of STENS, they rebuilt and blued a large number of magazines; they can be spotted by "SA" marked on the bottom front of the magazine. Additionally, they seem to have designed the larger cocking handle with a ball or knob that gives you hand a good purchase on it.

ScannedImage-3.jpg

APEXgunparts

STEN Mark 5, a C&R gun that came from an estate.
The beginning of the video is about the Mark 5 kits that APEX sells.
I start the video here at the point where we have the SMG at the range.
You will note how controllable the Mark 5 is, easy to do single rounds and short bursts.
We were shooting Bowling pins that day.

Richard

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter