"pieces" & parts.....

lugercarbine

Defect Remington UMC

I worked for the large chemical company (since retired) that at one time owned Remington. It was not unusual for customers to return deformed cartridge casings - it was a good way to track any problem lots. I would suggest returning the case(s) to the address on the box, usually they would send out a replacement box of cartridges to the customer because of the problem(s) encounted. Tell them what number was on the cartridge box if you still have it.

SubGunFan said:
I changed the 12rd magwell to the 20rd magwell with no problems (easy). My Reising has since run very well using original 20rd Reising mags.

In the more than 20 years of shooting my Reising, I have never noticed any bulged cases. I understand and agree with what you are saying, however until using that batch (lot) of Remington UMC ammo, the only problems I have had with my Reising is FTF jams with my three 12rd mags. This includes many different brands of factory ammo and my reloads. When I saw how well my Reising was running with those borrowed original 20rd mags, I was tickled shitless.... :) When that case separated, I was pissed because that killed my FUN for the day...... :( But I was grinning ear-to-ear for about 150rds.

When I get my Reising put back together and try out my 4 new Christie 30rd mags, it might take days to wipe the grin off my face..............?

BTW, great pictures. When I look at the picture of the breach end of the bore it appears there is copper jacket material stuck to the bore, immediately before the rifling of the barrel begins.

Again, I'm no expert, but it appears a round went off before it was fully seated in the chamber, and I don't know how else you could end up with a copper jacket in this area unless this occured.

I've had similar issues with another brand of ammo in my Sterling.

Good luck with sorting things out and be safe!

Garrett

SubGunFan said:
Yes, those are the original pins. Please post a picture(s) of other types of pins.
All of the pins I've ever seen are a round pin, with a half-round cut made in the side at mid-length. The pin is then bent to so you have some tension when you tap them into place.

Kind of like this:
100_3294.jpg

You can see on the edge of the magwell where a previous owner hammered on it trying to get the pins in. I use a brass punch & mallet.

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
Garrett:

Sorry for the delayed reply..............

My Reising was made in the last year of production... 1957. SN: S48XX.

I guess there was a magwell pin design change....

Thanks for the picture. And yes, it does look like someone did a "job" banging on your magwell..... :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter