umarex uzi 22 rifle

onapar

Just got my uzi 22 and had it to the range. It was a joy to shoot the sights were right on at 25 yards and it ate everything I fed it.
$579 was a little much but I'm glad I got it.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I expect these will be popular. The price is not much more than buying a conversion kit for a 9mm UZI, so it seems reasonable.

onapar

Does any one know of a sight rail that could be used with the new 22?

BPsmoke

Could it be SBR'd? From the little I've seen of the barrell design, it didn't look like it.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Could it be SBR'd? From the little I've seen of the barrell design, it didn't look like it.

It could be. It would be a little more work than SBR'ing a 9mm Uzi, but it could be done. Walter sells a short barreled version in Europe where they don't have length restrictions.

The barrel can be removed from the receiver fairly easily. Then you could cut it to length. The end would have to be retreaded so the retainer nut could be reinstalled. Then you would want to make a new barrel sleeve that looked like a 9mm barrel instead of a suppressor. The sleeve would look like the one they put on the pistol version of the gun, only a little longer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter