UZI SMG mount from Stormwerkz

ddmau

+1 on Stormwerks rail mount. I just finished installing & painting mine this week:

Aluma5.jpg

Final2.jpg

Beautifully machined piece, and it fits perfectly. The only problem I had was drilling through the topcover - this one happened to be hardened better than some of the other covers I've drilled through....some are a piece of cake to drill, but this one took some time (even with Carbide bits). Well worth the $$ & time......now I just have to find the right optic...

bgb1996

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought a Meprolight, Mepro 21 Reflex sight and think that it is really nice. It uses no batteries, so you don't have to worry about leaving it on.

BGB

ddmau

Yep, the Mepro reflex sights are pretty nice, but I picked up a used Sig Sauer STS-081 Red Dot (a real one -not a clone) at the Lakeland gun show today for $100. ...it even has a new Killflash on it. It's in great shape, but the mounting nut is stripped. Nothing I can't fix...I'll just drill it out & silver solder a stainless steel well-nut, or a small heli-coil into the stripped piece, use a stainless cap screw, and it will be stronger than stock.

Just what I was looking for, and for a price I was happy to pay. It's perfect for the rail; small, light, & the dot is super-clean....I was amazed at how clear the image is through this sight - even with the Killflash mounted. Looking forward to getting it out to the range.

ddmau

A few quick pics of the Sig STS-081 mounted on the Stormerkz rail:

IMG_0890.jpg

With another spare topcover with a small co-witnessed dot sight I made up:
IMG_0875.jpg

It's real handy having a few spare topcovers with different configurations. As long as you make sure they fit without any movement, you can swap them around in a few seconds & not effect the zero on the sights.

5pointstar

I bought one but have yet to install it.
ddmau- do you know who makes the killflash? Or where one could be purchased?

ddmau

I bought one but have yet to install it.
ddmau- do you know who makes the killflash? Or where one could be purchased?

5point; You might have some problems finding the Killflash for the 081 by itself - It's a Sig Sauer accessory (comes standard with the newer STS -081's), but they don't seem to sell it separately, at least I couldn't find one quickly by doing a Google search... I know that I've seen Killflashes for various sights show up at gun shows & even eBay, just need to keep your eyes open. If you are trying to retrofit it to an earlier Sig 081 - don't forget the mount - it replaces the front of the sight.

If you are looking for a killflash for other optics, lots of people have them - just type "killflash" in Google - lots will come up. Tenebraex seems to be the most common manufacturer (they make them for Trijicon & Aimpoint as well).... they have a bunch of different styles on Amazon.com.

Just be careful - there are a lot of plastic imitators out there - a real killfash is made of a VERY fine metal mesh - if the material is not uber-thin, and lined up properly, all you will see through the sight is a honeycomb. With a correctly made & mounted KF, you will barely see it when you look through the sight, and when you focus on your target - it will disappear.

Good luck....

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter