Vector Uzi On Order!!!!

LVHospiceRN

UZI Talk Supporter
Sorry for this off the wall post, i normally dont post unless i have something semi constructive to say. Unforunately many of my friends are liberal, at least in view of guns and they just dont appreciate the fact that i just order a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX VECTOR FULL SIZED UZI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely HAD to tell someone and the guys on this forum are probably the only ones that will understand.

Of course i kicked this around before the Vector self imposed crisis, but my dealer said he didnt think there would be an issue until mid year...so i decided to wait until after Christmas. Best price i had then was 2900, unforunately it was from a private party and would have to pay two transfer taxes. After the first and the announcement by Vector...i mailed several people on line and placed a WTB note on several boards. Talk about a variation. On guy had two NIB full sized....for 5500 a piece, 10000 for both. Found one from a dealer in Florida, 3750 plus shipping cost. He had a check in his hand two days later. Of course, using hindsite, if you find something you want, buy it dont wait. On the other side of the coin, got mine ordered, while i would have loved to save 850 dollars, such is life...it wont make me eat dog food....just feel grateful i can semi afford it and that Nevada is fairly gun liberal (although if all the Californian's keep moving here, that could change quickly.

So much for my rambling, did have a question, gunsmith friend of mine said that he fed his S & B ammo without a hitch, wondering whatever one else feeds theirs. One other thing, i understand the concept, Vector bought up the pre 86 receivers...but where do the parts come from that make up the rest of the gun? How, other than heat treated receiver does it vary from a IMI Uzi?

Again, thanks for listening to me ramble guys!!! :rolleyes:

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
LVHospiceRN said:
i just order a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX VECTOR FULL SIZED UZI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely HAD to tell someone and the guys on this forum are probably the only ones that will understand.

So what are you telling us for? Do you suppose we'd be excited or something??? Of course we are! Yeah, the price increase stinks but you're going to love it.

One nice thing about the Uzi's is that they are a whole lot less picky about ammo than some other guns. Lately I've been using some Fiocchi and also some Winchester white box ($10.99/100 at Wal-Mart) and both have run like a charm. Some of the guys here reload and you can find plenty of posts about that here if you're interested.

Vector uses some surplus parts that they bought from around the world and also manufacture some of their own parts. Yes, the receivers are heat treated and they did an excellent job cleaning up the welds on the original Group Industries receivers. Fit and finish are top notch. Many consider them the best Uzi ever made.

Did I mention how much you're going to love that gun? We'll be expecting pictures when all your paperwork is done.

tommygun2000

Congratulations on your purchase!!!!

Always nice to know when the Uzi ranks expand. As far as ammo, I shoot lots of S&B ammo, its good clean and accurate stuff but the gun will digest about anything that you feed it. I've fed mine some very lightly loaded 115gr FMJ and it eats it up no problem. It slows the rate of fire a bit, but it works well.
I have a semi buffer to be cut and installed to increase the rate of fire a bit but am waiting for better weather so I can bring my chop saw to the range and trim it to just the right length a bit at a time.

Now just sit back and be patient....it will be well worth the wait.

Uzis should be listed under the definition of FUN in the dictionary.

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
Welcome aboard from down the road in Kingman, AZ. You're gonna love your Uzi....A great gun and great fun!! The folks on this board offer a wealth of information.

az paul

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter