Wire Stock on a Semi Auto (Need Help)

officermac

Im looking for the guy that did that mod on his MPA10. He cut down a SMG stock and attached it to the Semi-Auto Body MPA.

I would like more detailed instructions on how to do this mod?

And also if it would work the same on a MPA30?

Thanks

UZI SBR AWC

Hopefully the barrel is 16" long when that stock is used, or else there is a NFA violation - unregistered SBR (stocked pistol with barel under 16").

wildmann43

UZI Talk Supporter
cosmetic buttstock...

I was under the impression, if the stock is unuseable as a buttstock; welded in the folded position, it's not considered a "buttstock".

Kind of like a welded folder on a krink pistol that doesn't swing open.

I don't have a "book" to look up chapter & verse.......

Glockdude1

UZI Talk Supporter
officermac said:
Im looking for the guy that did that mod on his MPA10. He cut down a SMG stock and attached it to the Semi-Auto Body MPA.

I would like more detailed instructions on how to do this mod?

And also if it would work the same on a MPA30?

Thanks

You rang???? I am who you are looking for. The rails were cut down to 1/2". Yes, the same mod will work perfectly on a MPA 30. I have added a very unique accesory. I took a wire buttstock for a class 3 Mac 10 .45 SMG, cut the rails down to 1/2 a inch. Then I took one of the cut rails and using a torch, bent it into a "L" bracket. I then welded the "L" bracket to the remaining butt stock , then simply screwed it into place. The masterpiece arms guns come with a threaded hole (1/4x28) in the bottom of the receiver for a carbine kit. I simply took advantage of the hole being there and added the severely cut down wire buttstock. It gets lots of attention at the range. Love it.......

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7487

:heavy

Last edited:

Knife_Sniper

I am looking to create a SBR out of my MPA-30.

I want that original Mac11/9 look via a wireframe stock. If I cannot have that I would rather have a PDW style sidefolder.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Glockdude1

UZI Talk Supporter
Knife_Sniper said:
I am looking to create a SBR out of my MPA-30.

I want that original Mac11/9 look via a wireframe stock. If I cannot have that I would rather have a PDW style sidefolder.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The only way (I can think of anyway) to use a wire stock, would be to make a bracket to mount the wire stock, then to the back of the receiver. That would be alot of work and expensive to pay someone to do it. They way I did mine, lets me use it only as a pistol, just like if the cut down stock was not there. A PDW sidefolder would be less work to make, and give your mac a original look...........

:D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter