wolf wpa polyformance .223 from luckygunner - squib

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
inexpensive .223 is pretty scarce these days so after some research and reading stories of people having zero problems with thousands of rounds of this stuff I took a chance for a brand new AR build.
within the first 10 rounds I have a squib lodged in my brand new barrel, luckily it's near the chamber and wouldn't allow chambering of subsequent rounds or this would be a very different story. Not at all pleased with this stuff. It doesn't feed in my buddys AR either.

G43 Nut

Shot thousands of rounds of wold .223 through a SLR106 and Sig 556.

No issues at all other than an occasional short stroke on the Sig.

I would contact them about the lot of ammo.

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
Shot thousands of rounds of wold .223 through a SLR106 and Sig 556.

No issues at all other than an occasional short stroke on the Sig.

I would contact them about the lot of ammo.

it short strokes my buddies gun too. Mine I didn't get enough rounds down range to find out if it would work reliably. I sent them an email. I doubt they'll do anything. What are they going to do? Come over with a dowel and pound the bullet out for me?

if anyone else has some the lot number is K249-12 be careful out there guys.

Last edited:

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
Its great MG ammo, other then that it just a noise maker. I have shot more then I can count of the steel case 223 stuff and very few problems. Im sure they are stressed to meet demands like everyon else in the industry and quality might be suffering.

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
Its great MG ammo, other then that it just a noise maker. I have shot more then I can count of the steel case 223 stuff and very few problems. Im sure they are stressed to meet demands like everyon else in the industry and quality might be suffering.

it didn't shoot half bad when it ran, I could rapid fire into an area of about a paper plate offhand at 100 yards with open sights, for blasting cans and milk jugs in the forest it's just fine, when it isn't fucking up my guns. Now I can't get that bullet OUT. Course the smallest dowel home despot has is .25 which doesn't fit so well in a .22 barrel.

RPM

Any reason you can't tap it out with a cleaning rod?

G43 Nut

I use it for blasting and making noise mostly. Bought it back in the Obama 1 scare.

My mini 14 will key hole with the 55 grain stuff at 20 feet. Goes about 3 moa in the other guns.

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
Hah, I might be hosed here. If I can't get this bullet out and it trashes a new upper I'm going to be pretty god damn pissed.

I took it to the gunsmith at the indoor range I belong, because smiths are a little hard to find these days, anyway he refused to work on it. OH SHIT SORRY DUDE, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GUNSMITH, YOU KNOW, A GUY THAT FIXES GUNS AND CHARGES PEOPLE FOR IT. FUCK, MY BAD.

NavyEngineer

UZI Talk Supporter
I've fired around 6,000 rounds of Wolf through my ARs and AC-556, and about 2,000 rounds of Wolf 9mm through my STEN and UZI. I had one round with a faulty primer a few months ago (.223, 62 Grain Military Classic), and encountered a lot of Black Box WPA (.223, 55 grain) that wouldn't cycle my AR-15 in 2009. Since they offer a 100% performance guarantee, I contacted them. They apologized for the bad lot, sent me a prepaid mailer, and promptly exchanged the bad ammo for ammo that worked fine. I'm sure they'll exchange your remaining ammo and pick up the shipping cost for doing so. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they would pay for removing the bullet from your barrel as well if you're unable to remove it yourself. I'd call or e-mail them, and unemotionally state what happened and request an ammo exchange and reimbursement for any gunsmithing fees incurred as a result of the faulty ammo. Check out this link:
http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=93

Last edited:

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
I didn't realize they had a warranty, as the ammo won't cycle my friends gun either I'll contact them.

I'm having a heck of a time finding an actual gunsmith around here to look at it

HAHA! I got it out. 6 dowels later one good whack and it dislodged. The trick it getting the dowel juuust the right length.

Last edited:

ADeGloma

Hey Philip!

We'd be happy to accept a return for any of the rounds you didn't use and offer a store credit/refund- whatever you prefer.

Normally we don't get complaints on the Wolf 223 however as others have commented in this thread, it is possible that you could have received a bad lot. We could arrange to pick up the unused ammunition and send it to Wolf for examination. We would also be happy to help you coordinate with Wolf for any reimbursement for your gunsmithing fees or any possible damage to your AR.

Please email me at angela@luckygunner.com if I can help you in any way. We apologize that you didn't have a good experience with the ammo you purchased from us and we are eager to help you resolve this issue!

Let me know if I can be of assistance!

Happy Friday! :)
Angela
LuckyGunner.com

BPsmoke

Much Wolf ammo down the tube of my AC556... tho I wonder now that its "popular" if quality has dropped off...

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
Are you sure it's not the gun? I read in previous posts that this was a cheapie build, and perhaps the quality of the components isn't the best? Not speculating, just askin'

Philip

UZI Talk Supporter
Are you sure it's not the gun? I read in previous posts that this was a cheapie build, and perhaps the quality of the components isn't the best? Not speculating, just askin'

Yeah, DPMS fucked up the upper build so bad a fully charged round landed a bullet stuck on the lands and didn't blow the gun up.

Come on, really dude? Around here if I told a friend this was their fault I'd get told to fuck myself...

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
Yeah, DPMS fucked up the upper build so bad a fully charged round landed a bullet stuck on the lands and didn't blow the gun up.

Come on, really dude? Around here if I told a friend this was their fault I'd get told to fuck myself...

I never said it was your fault. You said it was a cheapie build, so it seemed logical to ask. I though maybe that it could be something like the buffer jamming in the buffertube or a crappy bolt lug or something. I was seriously just trying to help.

Sorry to be such a bother.

deadmeat

I've used Wolf Performance in the black boxes, 55 grains for the whole life of my VEPR.

Never once had a single problem with any one of them.

It's been great stuff. Even the stuff I got at Wally World has cycled just fine.

-meaty

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter