Looking for a max-31 mag adapter

GunsCarsPlanes

I only have 2 drum mags and it's hard to hold the front of the gun, my wrist is all cocked. Coffin mags are way too expensive and rare. I'd really like to get the practical machine guns adapter but none are for sale.

I want to just get a bunch of shockwave mags and use them in the max-31 + stock config + max11s.

Does anyone have a lead on the adapter? I'm going to post this on reddit as well.

Homer

I'm pretty sure that Practical Solutions has one (maybe what you mean with practical machine guns?) can always call Tina or maybe she can chime in. There was a member that had 2 versions of 3D printed adapters. One was stiff and the other was more pliable. I think one made mag changes easier in shooting matches.

Last edited:

StenAtopia

There discontinued with Practical Solutions. Strobro32 made one out of steel. I made one myself with his help and it works flawlessly. It is a labor of love, some cha Ching and some R&D but works great.

Deerhurst

Sten mags with suomi tabs silver soldered on are the easiest and cheapest. Sten mags kinda suck but with a little TLC will run.

Homer

It looks like Lage still has to 30 round dc31 mags. I think that these mags came out shortly after zmag adapters were being offered. Probably why the adapter went by the way side. The 3d printed adapters that I got have a spade (like in a deck of cards) on the side. A well known member made them but I don't remember who. Things become available and I get them but never use them. It has been said over and over get it while you can. This is a niche market with limited runs on products.

Last edited:

GunsCarsPlanes

Homer - yeah I tried Tina and there are no plans at the moment for another batch

UziHwwIH - wish you had another haha

Deerhurst - the reason why I'm so focused on the adapter is because I want 1 stick mags to fit the OEM setup, max11s upper and max upper. I have 2 drum mags and I'm trying to only stock up on 1 stick and 1 drum type. After the stem may, sumoi tabs and shipping I'll probably be in each for a good deal not to mention they take some work I guess as you mentioned

If the max was my only upper I'd do it in a second but I'm going to have more

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
UziHwwIH, You should post the pictures of the adapter you made. It looks better than mine. If I did it again, I would copy yours.

Homer

Just found the adapter. It was/is called the death card adapter. A search will bring up information. A member's father or father-in-law was making them. These may be for s31 mags and not regular z mags. Sorry

StenAtopia

UziHwwIH, You should post the pictures of the adapter you made. It looks better than mine. If I did it again, I would copy yours.
Hahahah, I actually made a 2.0 version. I’ll post pics when it’s back from paint.

Doobis

I designed and 3d printed my own version. I didnt share the files because I thought Practical Solutions was still selling their own version. I didn't want to cut into their business by releasing a similar version then sharing the files for free. If it's not going to hurt anyone ill provide my STL's.

Here is a video of me testing it. I did flare the mag well slightly and added cutouts to lighten it and make it look less like a box.

Slowmo

I designed and 3d printed my own version. I didnt share the files because I thought Practical Solutions was still selling their own version. I didn't want to cut into their business by releasing a similar version then sharing the files for free. If it's not going to hurt anyone ill provide my STL's.

Here is a video of me testing it. I did flare the mag well slightly and added cutouts to lighten it and make it look less like a box.

Thanks for the offer. I would be interested in that if you are able to share your files.

GunsCarsPlanes

Get the longer max31 and use drums. Your prob using a max31c.

Otherwise just use a max11/9
I have the mac31 that uses drum mags. I have 2 of the soumi drums.

strobro32 - Yeah that's what I figured, the fore grip installed up front will held with the cocked wrist. Sometimes I just don't want to run the drums but I am aware it is what it is and I need to deal with it unless I can get a magwell adapter or I'm ok spending money on a 3rd type of magazine for the gun

doobis - wow! I'll reach out via PM

Slowmo

I have the mac31 that uses drum mags. I have 2 of the soumi drums.

strobro32 - Yeah that's what I figured, the fore grip installed up front will held with the cocked wrist. Sometimes I just don't want to run the drums but I am aware it is what it is and I need to deal with it unless I can get a magwell adapter or I'm ok spending money on a 3rd type of magazine for the gun

doobis - wow! I'll reach out via PM

I believe Lage has the 30rd sticks in stock right now for $65. They aren't cheap, but you could get one or two to use instead of the drums.

GunsCarsPlanes

Hey guys. I realize I can use the Lage dc31 mags, they are $65 each

I was just looking at suomi drum mags and I noticed there is a m31 suomi stick mag.....with the tab on the back! Lage dc31 mags have a tab on the back and smooth on the front. The m31 suomi stick mags have a tab on the front and a tab on the back. Is there anyway to make these work?

https://clearviewinvest.com/m31-suomi-36rd-magazine-1-excellent-finish-grade-1/

Slowmo

Hey guys. I realize I can use the Lage dc31 mags, they are $65 each

I was just looking at suomi drum mags and I noticed there is a m31 suomi stick mag.....with the tab on the back! Lage dc31 mags have a tab on the back and smooth on the front. The m31 suomi stick mags have a tab on the front and a tab on the back. Is there anyway to make these work?

https://clearviewinvest.com/m31-suomi-36rd-magazine-1-excellent-finish-grade-1/
No. You need single-feed to clear the bolt. Those mags are double-feed and will not clear the bolt. It is the one downside to the 31 uppers.

GunsCarsPlanes

No. You need single-feed
Thanks. When I purchased my setup I thought I had all these stick mags to use in the oem config along with the lage config, I never realized there was this difference. I need to get a mag adapter (I heard there is something call a death card thing I'll research after this post) or the dc31 mags.

I'd like to have 6 mags for each setup but I feel like once I get the tiny lage max11s I'll barely use the max31 and that setup will just collect dust. I also found out that I'll need a slow fire bolt with the small upper as it doesn't come with one.

Slowmo

Thanks. When I purchased my setup I thought I had all these stick mags to use in the oem config along with the lage config, I never realized there was this difference. I need to get a mag adapter (I heard there is something call a death card thing I'll research after this post) or the dc31 mags.

I'd like to have 6 mags for each setup but I feel like once I get the tiny lage max11s I'll barely use the max31 and that setup will just collect dust. I also found out that I'll need a slow fire bolt with the small upper as it doesn't come with one.

Are you talking about the Max-11S or the Max-11SK? I thought the Max-11S was for semi-auto M11/9s, but I could be wrong.

If you are talking about the Max-11SK and the slow fire bolt you are referring to is the CF-W, those things are around $1500-2000 for the bolt, if you can find one for sale. I believe the Max-11K is the smaller version but comes with a slow-fire bolt.

Deerhurst

With the Sten mags the 2 hard parts are slightly squishing the mag front to back then locating the tab. I basically tin the tabs before install then align the clamp into place with a cowboy clamp.

If you have a mill you can make quite a few tabs in a half hour or so from your scrap bucket. Sten mags are still cheap but prices are going up.

Replied to your PM. I may have some extra tabs laying around from the last batch I made. I send out the pretty ones and sit on the ones I'm not quite happy with. Ones that have scuffs, scrapes, maybe a small oops that is cosmetic, stuff like that.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter